Marchmaxima's 15G tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marchmaxima

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all,

Below in my sig is a new link to an album I created of my 15G tank. It has 5 Scissortails and 6 Harlequin Rasboras. (I can't get a clear shot of them!)

I can't thank all of you enough for your help. You know who you all are.

That's a nice-looking tank! Very simple, yet visually appealing. I'm sure the fish love all the plants and will be very happy! Congrats on all your hard work!

Hi there. Just wondering how the tank is doing and how Bill and his friends are enjoying it.

Hi Jess

The tank is doing very well, and thanks kindly in your interest. There's a relatively recent photo I took when I added three otos at the beginning of April in this thread.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f44/new-otos-102300.html

If I have a disappointment, it's only that I can't tell which Scissortail Bill is. I have a photo of him in the gallery and sometimes I think I might be able to pick him out, but most of the time I can't tell him from the rest, so I'm probably kidding myself.

But I do know that he is with friends and they all seem happy. If they're happy and healthy, then that's all I need to know.

Thanks Kristin. But lets not compare mine to you 40g breeder which would have to be personally speaking, my favorite tank I've seen on this site (and no I'm not sucking up or just saying it)

I think I have the fastest growing anubias nana plant that ever lived. The ryzhome (sp??) would have to be a good 4cm longer than what it was in March, and I think I'm up to 7 or even 8 new leaves in 5 weeks?

No flower yet tho.... I'm hoping.

Congrats Sharon. Tank is looking great!

I haven't figured out what it is that makes anubias' flower. Some believe it to be softer water. Do you know what hardness your water is?

That is one sharp looking tank - the sand is great - I didn't know you could put sand in a freshwater tank - shows you what I know - but hey, that's why I joined here - to learn and give back :scrambleup:

GH - 6d in the tank and and 1d from the tap.
KH - 3d and less than 1d from the tap.

I'm guessing that there's nutrient-rich substrate under the sand that buffers the GH.

We are known to have very soft water here.

And thanks for the kind words warped. Yes you can use sand. It is a lovely type I have and I have a heap of it left. It's not as nice as that now. Now it's got paches in the centre where the diatoms took over that the otos can't seem to get.

As long as your filter inlet is kept around 5cm-ish off the sandy bed, and no sand get sucked up into the filer you should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom