MORE New fishy pics! :P

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cJw

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just a quick post to show off my angel and rummies/gold barbs:

96295297_06edb08ff3.jpg

1024x version here.

(Sorry about the dirty glass; this was before maintenance.)

96295298_3893ad4c48.jpg

1024x version here.

They're growing, albeit slowly; I think they're a little scared of the angel. Also, a weird note: they school together!? :lol: Silly little fish.

Thanks! :D

Mr. Angelfish has moved out, and I haven't had the chance to get a good pic of the young fem gold gourami that's moved in. I do, though, have a couple of good pics of the gold barbs/rummies I'll be sharing today. ;)

100437363_7b7613bfdd.jpg

Love this headon shot. :)
(1024x version here - great finnage detail in the bigger version)

100437361_9b20a8951f.jpg

I've been waiting for those gold barbs to color up more and their green stripes are finally starting to show! woot!!! :D
(1024x version here)

100437358_fccece35e8.jpg

"Ah, youth is so wasted on the young.", said Mr. YoYo as he watched the rummies zipping by him. :p
(1024x version here)

That's a very good shot of your yoyo loach. I can't get mine to stay still long enough to get photographed. :?

I was shocked he let me get this pic; he's usually always on the move. It's a little overexposed around his tail, but still a good pic. He was looking into the anacharis while I took this pic. This was the best pic out of the dozen I shot of him.

It looks like you have mostly male gold barbs. Have you tried to breed these guys? I have several myself....very entertaining fish.

Interesting you posted this, Andos; I just looked up sexing gold barbs the other day. I'm about 95% sure I have 2 males and 2 fems, but I don't have the hardware to really attempt to breed them.

ATM, I'm limited to just my 30 long tank (w/out even a 10g quarantine...) and nothing to separate the fry into... so if/when they do breed, I doubt I'll actually even know it happened.

Although, one of the fems is certainly looking 'plump' as of late...

More pics will soon follow, btw; I replaced that angel with a gold gourami (I suspect it's an 'opaline' gold gourami and want confirmation) and as soon as she lets me get a respectable pic of her, I'll post it. :D

Back
Top Bottom