More pictures by TC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thincat

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here are a few more pictures of my reef tank. Not much, but getting better all the time. I hope you all enjoy them.
TC
1)
img_1002929_0_0d431f01f504cb564d463cee8a16a6a6.jpg

2)
img_1002929_1_dfbf58845d93d40e756036462393e5fa.jpg

3)
img_1002929_2_e8022f5d42f1218155a7e87cd4b11fdf.jpg
img_1002929_3_25875ee68cbf3af8bd48f892333647eb.jpg

I took most of these in the last few days with my Sony Mavica 92 Using tank light and no flash.

Awesome pics. I like the sea urchin thats in there. Also, what kind of starfish you got there?

Really, Reeeeally nice tank, oh yeah the pics are, well, OK but the tank is Really, Reeeeally nice.;)

Awesome pics. I like the sea urchin thats in there. Also, what kind of starfish you got there?
The starfish is not so commonly seen in the hobby and is called a "Linckia Multifora" starfish and are reef safe. This type of starfish is commonly misspelled as "Linkia Mulltiflora". Linckia is the name of the person to first discribe it and Multifora means "many holes" where as Multiflora means "many flowers"..just a point of interest...
Thanks for looking

Last edited:
how did you get your coraline growth soooo purple and beautiful? WHat lighting are you using and did you use additives to help with the coraline growth

how did you get your coraline growth soooo purple and beautiful? WHat lighting are you using and did you use additives to help with the coraline growth
First thank you all for the praise. My lighting is a 4x54w t-5 setup. I use two 14k UVL tubes and two 420 actinics. I took a piece of LR that had lots of coralline growth on it and scraped the corallin off. I then took this mixture and mixed it with tank water. I then turned off my main pump and poured the coralline mixture in front of the remaining circulation pumps (1 koralia 2 and three 650 gpm pumps) These pumps are controled by a wavemaster pro unit by red sea. Make sure your Alk and Cal are up to par and you should be good to go. The only drawback of this is that you will get lots of coralline growing on your front glass that have to be taken off. I also leave the lights on for 13hrs a day (not recommended for a new tank). That's it..
PS: lots of patiences..
img_1041966_0_c1f52c33d50b62eab9e15db449ae4ed4.gif

Last edited:
The urchin is a hitchhiker and the star is a Linckia multifora. I've had the urchin from a pinky nail size to what it is now and the star for a little over 6 months...maybe 8. Alk at 8 and Ca at 380 constant. I use Kalk for my makeup water.( Mrs. Wages). I went with MW because the last jar of Kalk I bought was $21.00 for 10oz( But it said it was for "Reef Tank". and I bought 6 lbs of WB for $22.00.

As my coralline started to take off my Alk started to drop so I have been adding Kalk. to my makeup water. I keep alk at 8 and Ca at 380ppm.
My lights are two 54w 10,000k and 2 54w actinics. I run them for 13 1/2 hrs a day. Now this photo period works for me and it may set off an algae bloom for some others. If you increase do it slowly.

Back
Top Bottom