My 1000 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I feed a mug full of a pellet mix of hikari sturgeon hikari sinking cichlid gold and hikari massivore along with a plate full of prawns

I feed a mug full of a pellet mix of hikari sturgeon hikari sinking cichlid gold and hikari massivore along with a plate full of prawns

I couldn't even imagine the annual feeding cost of that tank lol.

It cost my whole house about £50-60 per week electric

About £60 per month on food

Wow ur tank is amazing!!!! I love rays but cant have one at this time. No bigg enough tank. (It was gunna b a soon project but me n my son r putting our hands into salt water) great to see them house properly to. Just an AMAZING n BEAUTIFUL tank great job!!!!!

Different rays need different size tanks

The smallest ray is scobina and males of all type of ray stay smaller so a male scobina can live for life in a 6x2

My rays breed all the time and I sell pups but they are not cheap at £400-500

I have been keeping the same mix of fish for over 20 years just not on this scale

My rays are nearly 6 years old and the big tiger fish is 8 years old

All the female rays are rays that were born in my care and the male are from a different blood line

I got the big tiger fish at 2 inch 8 years ago I have sold him twice and brought him back as I didn't have a tank big enough at the time to keep him

Heating is what costs the money in the winter

Just the pump alone use 1kw

The pumps are massive and generate a lot of heat on there own

I have 2 kw of heater in the sump but the pump heat the tank also and in the summer what little we have in the UK the tank will boil past 96 so I control the heat with the amount of fresh water I pump in

In the summer I pump about 400 gal per day of fresh water this keeps the temp at 84

In the winter I turn the water down to 200 gal per day and it stays around 82 but the heaters do come on at night

Hi T1KARMANN how are you doing?Great to see you on here:) You may or not remember me from fishcrazy:fish2: I used to keep stingrays but unfortunately had to rehome them due to me shed rotting away:nono: Got a new shed now but decided against rays as me tanks were not big enough:oops: so now I am dabbling with planted tanks :)
By the way your tank looks AWESOME as always(y)

Wow, amazing! Are the rays friendly? The ones I have been around SW have funny personalities and swim all around you for food!

SUPER cool :)

Back
Top Bottom