my 20 galon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kribbman

Aquarium Advice Activist
heres a front view of my tank

Attachments

• P3110059.jpg
    P3110059.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 92
Great looking tank! I agree a background would make things pop. A black background particularily. You can paint it or you can use black bristleboard for a more temporary effect.

Great looking tank! I do want to warn you about your plants, Amazon Swords get massive, I have seen the smaller crinkled versions absolutely fill up a 46 bowfront tank.

What all do you have in there?

Thanks for the compliments..Ill keep an eye on those swords Any suggestions for a 20 gal?
The thing on the left hand corner top is a magnetic cleaner or magnafloat..and just behind it you can see the probe for my digital thermometer.

I was kind of hoping for the Rear glass to frost up, or get full of algae and gunk It takes a while but ive kind of come to like the looks of that. however my tank does still look a little bare and sterile and a background would definitly be more aethetic.

WOW! I thought I was the only person on earth with a 20 gallon tank! LOL I jsut made a new thread to help me as I start up my tank. It's cycling day three, and I feel horrible for my damselfish gasping in the tank. How long did it take for you to get your awesome tank to look like that? How many fish do you have in there. I've heard that you and I are quite limited based on our tank size to 2-3 fish, and a bunch of crab if we want them. I want a blood red shrimp, myself.
Anyway, I got distracted there.
I love your tank and I might just model my own after yours! I hope you don't mind :)

Thanx for your replies and suggestions. My tank has been running for about 11 weeks more or less. Id feel flatered if you model your tank after mine although I am kind of a newb ;)

As far as background goes I dont know why but I kind of like it how it is plain but when i do get one it will most likely be black :cool:!!!!!!!!

My tank has changed a bit more since I first posted heres an update...

Attachments

• P3250009.jpg
    P3250009.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 48
  • P3250027 (Small).jpg
    P3250027 (Small).jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 64
Good call on the black background if/when you decided to get one, would have been my choice too! Still a good looking tank though! : )

Back
Top Bottom