My 38 Gallon Diary!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great lookin tank, MrMalta! Seeing it makes me want to go ahead and use real plants in our first tank! : )

Great idea! I didn't want to at first but some peoples tanks look incredible with real plants and it's almost the funnest thing in my tank. Watching them grow and develop over time, everyone likes it! :p

It's not hard either, give it a shot!

What are your plans for your tank, Paty?

Well I'm here, here's a quick update. I'm not sure if I should trim or not. I definatly want the little bit of java moss I put in so start growing though before I start getting some more variety in there!

img_860245_0_a76e01c854972007a8a2efd394432d57.jpg

Last edited:
Well right now I'm just trying to find a good deal on a tank! We've been checking out craig's list, but no luck yet.

We're thinking a 29 gal tank unless we can find a good deal on a bigger tank, FW, planted, and that's really all the ideas we have until we get settled into our apartment! Waiting is killing me, I can't wait to get it all started, I hope it turns out as nice as yours : )

I wouldn't change a thing - that tank is fantastic - great work with the plants around the driftwood - and your red tail shark is sharp

So I'm thinking about scrapping this tank and turning into a saltwater tank or just rescaping the entire thing and selling some fish back to the LFS and purchasing new ones. Thoughts?

There is just way too much hair algae now to deal with. It's getting hard to pick off. Water changes, everything has been up to date so I just can't figure out why. Not only that though - I'm bored of the look.

and when you get algae in the saltwater tank will you give up and turn back to freshwater.

No, lol. I stopped using the CO2 and Ferts 'cause the tank was bloomin' very well without it. I didn't know that it also helped with the algae.

Guess I'll just throw it back on! Thanks.

Put the CO2 back on. Re-arranged. Quick update.

img_904557_0_9320547bb6855ed18e7b7967876ea23d.jpg

Also, cleaned up all the equipment. Things are going well again, just waiting for everything to settle and I'll get a better picture.

Nice looking tank. I am thinking about going to a 55 gallon freshwater. I like all the plants you can have in a freshwater tank. The green adds a wonderful color, more natural to me.

I have that 20H reef tank, and I am really wishing I went freshwater. Different opinions I suppose.

Good luck. I will keep checking in later.

the tank looks beautiful! You really have a taste for aquascaping! lol, those flower pots make really great homes! I'll see if I can try that sometime!

Back
Top Bottom