my 4ft set-up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like i sed il let u no in yrs to come when they are still alive. My friends tank is over 5 yr old and all his are still fine. I could understand if you had the tank and i proved that thy cant. But we have the tanks which prove thay can
Your friends tank proves nothing other than he can keep a fish alive in less than ideal conditions. Which stresses the fish. When he has it running with no fish deaths for 15 years then well say ok he made it work

People live in the streets, people live in prisons, yes it can be done nobody is denying it. But it's not ideal is it? Get off your high horse and do some research!

No because what your implying is size of accomodation and that is not what we r on about. It has ne relevence

Your friends tank proves nothing other than he can keep a fish alive in less than ideal conditions. Which stresses the fish. When he has it running with no fish deaths for 15 years then well say ok he made it work

Ok il let u no in 10 yrs thn

They may be fine now but what will happen is either the cold water species or the tropical species will suffer and die early. My guess is the goldfish will die in a few years and you will still think it was a success because they all lived a few years together. When actually the goldfish shoulda lived for 20 years. There is less than optimal conditions for your fish in your tank... That is FACT

+1
Trouble is, when ego meets ignorance, the needs of the fish just don't rate against the 'wants' of a person who is prepared to sacrifice the fish's quality of life on order to get what they themselves want.

+1
Trouble is, when ego meets ignorance, the needs of the fish just don't rate against the 'wants' of a person who is prepared to sacrifice the fish's quality of life on order to get what they themselves want.
Not ignorance when in yrs time my fish r still alive happy full ov colour and looking good il still stay the same. How the hell do you know if they r suffering if there happy alive and growing nice. They r not damaged they r in perfect condition i didnt realize u was a cold water fish living in warm water...

Okay, I get it. You know more about fish than all icthyologists that have researched them for decades. You and your friend are the daring and enlightened pioneers of modern day fish keeping.
:banghead:

I read this entire discussion just because it got interesting ... Wow this might be better than twitter . Tropical = warmer temps , goldfish = colder waters . That's why people keep them in ponds

How do you know your fish are happy? :/ because they haven't died yet?
I heard that's the best way to tell....

Ok you can survive in a hot weather 98 degrees without any cooling, you will survive, but you wouldn't be "fine"

Would ya look at that, seems I received the backup I predicted. Like everyone said, do what you want it's your tank. Just don't show it off to us if your not going to take justified advice.

Thread closed. I invite all to review the rules and to the OP, you need to be open to others opinions or probably shouldn't post in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom