Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-02-2013, 04:56 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyro13 View Post
Like i sed il let u no in yrs to come when they are still alive. My friends tank is over 5 yr old and all his are still fine. I could understand if you had the tank and i proved that thy cant. But we have the tanks which prove thay can
Your friends tank proves nothing other than he can keep a fish alive in less than ideal conditions. Which stresses the fish. When he has it running with no fish deaths for 15 years then well say ok he made it work

Old 10-02-2013, 06:09 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck View Post

People live in the streets, people live in prisons, yes it can be done nobody is denying it. But it's not ideal is it? Get off your high horse and do some research!
No because what your implying is size of accomodation and that is not what we r on about. It has ne relevence

Old 10-02-2013, 06:10 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmunroe View Post
Your friends tank proves nothing other than he can keep a fish alive in less than ideal conditions. Which stresses the fish. When he has it running with no fish deaths for 15 years then well say ok he made it work
Ok il let u no in 10 yrs thn
Old 10-02-2013, 07:21 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmunroe View Post
They may be fine now but what will happen is either the cold water species or the tropical species will suffer and die early. My guess is the goldfish will die in a few years and you will still think it was a success because they all lived a few years together. When actually the goldfish shoulda lived for 20 years. There is less than optimal conditions for your fish in your tank... That is FACT
+1
Trouble is, when ego meets ignorance, the needs of the fish just don't rate against the 'wants' of a person who is prepared to sacrifice the fish's quality of life on order to get what they themselves want.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:35 AM   #25

[QUOTE="Cactuspixie;2672674"]

+1
Trouble is, when ego meets ignorance, the needs of the fish just don't rate against the 'wants' of a person who is prepared to sacrifice the fish's quality of life on order to get what they themselves want.[QUOTE]

Not ignorance when in yrs time my fish r still alive happy full ov colour and looking good il still stay the same. How the hell do you know if they r suffering if there happy alive and growing nice. They r not damaged they r in perfect condition i didnt realize u was a cold water fish living in warm water...
Old 10-02-2013, 07:49 AM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

Okay, I get it. You know more about fish than all icthyologists that have researched them for decades. You and your friend are the daring and enlightened pioneers of modern day fish keeping.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:15 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice Freak

I read this entire discussion just because it got interesting ... Wow this might be better than twitter . Tropical = warmer temps , goldfish = colder waters . That's why people keep them in ponds
Old 10-02-2013, 09:24 AM   #28
Aquarium Advice Freak

How do you know your fish are happy? :/ because they haven't died yet?
I heard that's the best way to tell....
Old 10-02-2013, 10:06 AM   #29
Aquarium Advice Freak

Knee slapper
Old 10-02-2013, 10:33 AM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ok you can survive in a hot weather 98 degrees without any cooling, you will survive, but you wouldn't be "fine"

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com