Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-19-2008, 08:51 PM   #51
Aquarium Advice Freak

I did a bit of rearranging in the tank today, I switched which side the cabomba and wisteria were on and moved the large crypt from behind the driftwood to in front of it. And I shifted the driftwood to the right (if you're facing the tank) a bit. I'm not sure if I like it, I think I do but i'll have to wait until it grows in a little more, and "fluffs back" up....plants never quite want to stand straight and look nice right after they get moved around do they?

I took a couple pictures but the water is a bit murky. I'll take some more when the water clears and the plants are (hopefully) no longer leaning in weird directions!

As always, input of any kind is more than welcome!

Thanks!

I enjoy having a zoo to care for!
Karackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:05 AM   #52
Aquarium Advice Freak

Well, I am happy to report that after a weekend away, instead of a disaster, I came home to find my tank looking quite lovely. The very crooked (tallest) wisteria on the right has straightened out nicely, some of the other wisteria plants appear to have grown a bit, and the cabombas have straightened out and grown as well! All three Otos are frolicking around the tank and the betta is doing his thing Finally, i can breath a little easier about this tank as it seems to be stable. (the mini-cycle is also over, back to 0 ammonia and nitrIte, ~10 nitrAte )

Old 06-26-2008, 01:02 AM   #53
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karackle View Post
Well, I am happy to report that after a weekend away, instead of a disaster, I came home to find my tank looking quite lovely. The very crooked (tallest) wisteria on the right has straightened out nicely, some of the other wisteria plants appear to have grown a bit, and the cabombas have straightened out and grown as well! All three Otos are frolicking around the tank and the betta is doing his thing Finally, i can breath a little easier about this tank as it seems to be stable. (the mini-cycle is also over, back to 0 ammonia and nitrIte, ~10 nitrAte )

Sounds like everything is going great. Nice work!
Old 06-26-2008, 01:32 AM   #54
Aquarium Advice Freak

Hey thanks! I really appreciate that!
Old 07-12-2008, 03:50 PM   #55
Aquarium Advice Newbie

awesome tank! i'm looking to do the same too. i will get a 5 gallon tank soon and i plan to add real plants and a betta! i've never had real plants in a tank. so i'm looking forward to that. and i love bettas. the last one i had for over three years.

thanks for adding all your pics! i'll get mine set up soon and will add pics soon too. the excitement! =)
Old 07-16-2008, 06:33 PM   #56
Aquarium Advice Freak

Sounds great! I'll have to post updated pictures soon, I added some more plants. It's really fun having live plants, it adds a whole new dimension to keeping a tank! The fish seem to love it too! Good luck!

Tags
5 gallon, journal

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com