My 55 Coming Along ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darkseid76

Aquarium Advice FINatic
image-66288809.jpg

image-309734083.jpg

image-4044729155.jpg

Hi Guys & Gals!! Just thought I'd share some photos of my tank. The first photo is right after first set-up. It's been going for at least 4 months and my water sprite has took off like lightning!!

I'm planning on adding two pieces of driftwood as soon as I'm done soaking them. Any suggestions and comments will be appreciated!!

Wow those plants grew nice! Where arfe you thinking of placing the driftwood? Thanks for sharing!

They're a medium and a small piece so I'll place them along the front. Im most likely going to tie my loose java moss to them before it latches completely onto my rock decor.

Careful with driftwood...it's beautiful but I had to remove mine because it kept making the pH drop!

Thank You Sammybelle :) My ph holds at about 7.6/7.4 so as long as it doesn't drop drastically and quickly I think my guys should be ok

That's exactly where my tap pH is 7.6-7.4! But I had three rather large pieces of driftwood in my tank and the pH would consistently fall down into the low 6's. I considered putting only one piece in there, but I think I've finally gotten my pH to stabilize without it, so I'm going to continue to soak my driftwood elsewhere and maybe get a fake piece for now...I'm getting anxious to stock my tank!

My tap pH is 6.7 which is low already for some of my fish. When I added a small piece of driftwood it dropped to 5.8, so I moved it to another tank that has fish better suited to such a low pH. It's too bad because I really like driftwood.
Good luck with yours! Hopefully it won't mess with it much at all :)

I'm going to start soaking the wood tonight. When I have the pieces in place I'll update the photos. :)

I got the substrate real cheap. I got a 50lb bag for about 7 dollars. It's labeled as filter media but basically it's just quartz.

I really wanted a darker substrate but this was all I could afford at the time. It was a pain to rinse too lol.

Oh okay cool it looked like the gravel I had and I have been curious on how plants grow in gravel

Almost a year later and here is my tank now. I switched substrate to Eco-Complete when I moved and redecorated a bit. I will be adding more plants in the coming weeks.

Stock is 2 adult Green Swordtails, about 3 sword fry batches( I haven't bothered to count them lol), 2 juvenile sunset platy, 1 female gold dust Molly, RCS and an unidentified snail species. I have 3 emerald cories and 1 Julie cory in QT.

Flora is Java Moss on driftwood, retied due to trimming, floating Water Sprite, Rangeri Sword, dwarf swords, and a Red Cabomba I'm trying to propagate.

image-781359568.jpg

image-3650387473.jpg

image-1254783751.jpg

image-1762298099.jpg

Wow Seid! Looks really nice! I love the changes from the first pics and how simple yet so much to look at. Really like it! Wish I could do something like that, but I am more of a jungle person!! Good going! Very good!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom