My 5G Betta Tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just got a nerite snail today. All i'm missing is the shrimp. Might get them this weekend.

img_1467920_0_9eedd5a7dde66ea3f77ef73fa9650f73.jpg
cool snail :)

Oscarr19 said:
I just got a nerite snail today. All i'm missing is the shrimp. Might get them this weekend.

Get a few. They feel safer in groups an will be much more active and fun to watch that way ;)

Hello,
You could get 1-2 more nerite snails or 2-3 more horned nerite snails (just make sure to have enough algae to feed all of them!)

Ok next week i'll be picking up shrimp, 7 nerite snails(5 for my 32G) and corydoras for my 32G. I'll update here any my 32G thread.

Update!
img_1472905_0_85cec611af19af9ed266a641baa96187.jpg

Ok so in the past few days i did a little adjustments. I trimmed the cabomba in the back of the tank so its not as long and is a little fuller. Also realized how comfortable my betta is with me. He actually let me pet him. I was adding more snails and he was really close to my hand so i tried and voila! Once i get some frozen bloodworms i wanna hand feed him. So i bought 2 more nerite snails and now have 3 in the tank. Heres a picture of them and the algae they have to eat :)
img_1472905_1_5c0b41be4f51a657c1ab54fb0e7a5e30.jpg

All i'm missing is the shrimp now. I also want to change the filter to a HOB to have a little more space in the tank. I'm debating between an AC20 or a Marina Slim S10. I like ACs because of interchangeable media but the slim is cheaper. I'm also looking for one that has a stronger flow and will disturb the water more because i want to remove the airstone. Which one should i go for?

Last edited:
SHRIMP! :D just got 5 Amano shrimp. I'm still in the car but I'll update with pictures when I get home. They didn't have any RCS left though. All that's left for this tank now is a new filter and I want to replace the small wood like ornament in the middle with a small piece of driftwood. I'm also adding a java fern, moss ball and maybe some java moss to the tank. I want to try and have an all live plant tank. I never really liked fake plants.

Well here are the shrimp! The betta was very curious but never attacked or chased them. Pretty happy now so i might want to add 5 RCS once my LFS gets some.
img_1474623_0_f011bcaa19f2bf22893c278dd08cc64f.jpg

img_1474623_1_7e77d1a2ed3204a21bc39d2c142209a0.jpg

img_1474623_2_443d29955e5a6e08f554052c87cf4ada.jpg

Nobody is reading anymore :( haha wtv i'll still update :D

Anyway so it seems i wont be getting 5 RCS. I might be getting 5 sakura shrimp locally instead.

Ok I have a question. I seem to be getting a better deal if I buy 10 Sakura shrimps instead of 5. If I get ten would I be overstocked? If I am i can just get 5. If they over populate I'll use the shrimp for food in one of my bigger tanks.

Ok I have a question. I seem to be getting a better deal if I buy 10 Sakura shrimps instead of 5. If I get ten would I be overstocked? If I am i can just get 5. If they over populate I'll use the shrimp for food in one of my bigger tanks.
nah youd be fine,youd have to have a ton of shrimp to be overstocked,they have like no bioload

Ok i just thought 15 shrimp in a 5 sounded like a lot. Well i should get them tomorrow if not monday. I will also be ordering a bunch of live plants for this tank and my 32. I wanna get rid of the silk plants.

Shrimp will love the live plants. Java moss, java fern, anubias are all pretty simple to grow and shrimp love hanging out in the j.moss

I'm adding in some java moss, a java fern and a moss ball. I was really surprised how the betta didn't attack the shrimp. Pretty funny actually he would just perch himself on a plant and just watch them lol

Back
Top Bottom