My 6 day old Mbuna Fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Omg they look amazing! What are u planning to do with them??? U should be so proud of urself!!

Thank you, I too think they have great coloring for Fry. If they stay that way as they grow up they should sell fairly easy.
As far as being proud, I'm almost giddy. I wasn't trying to get fry, but I know that the conditions need to be pretty perfect for fry to occur. I must be doing something right.

wow for fry they colored up so pretty! i'm bummed that you arent wanting to keep them..though i understand..with them so young and look like that i'm curious as to what they'd grow up to be and look like

They are beautiful with their bright red bodies and blue fins. I've never seen anything like them.
If I had a larger tank I would keep one. But I just don't have the space for them. I do plan on upgrading to a 75g tank. But not soon enough for this group of Fry.

WendiDell said:
Thank you, I too think they have great coloring for Fry. If they stay that way as they grow up they should sell fairly easy.
As far as being proud, I'm almost giddy. I wasn't trying to get fry, but I know that the conditions need to be pretty perfect for fry to occur. I must be doing something right.

Hahaha! Yes I think u are doin really really well for fry to tat standards! :)

Is this your first time?

Yes, I'm a fry virgin. I only started keeping Mbunas 1 year ago June 18th. somehow I managed fry in less than a year. Not only that I didn't know about cycling a tank until Jan.1, 2011. So all of Jan. & Feb. were spent doing a fish in cycle.
I pretty much owe my first fry to all I've learned since I joined AA. Without AA I would have lost my Mbuna, instead of gaining Fry.

Before the Mbuna I had a Community tank for 6 years. All was fine until I pick up a school of Neon Tetra and they infected everyone with ick. I lost every fish we'd had for 6 years. It was horrible and it took a few months before we could try again.
Then we saw the Mbunas and just loved their coloring and the fact that they are considered HARDY. So I tried again and it's been going really well.

Those fry look great! I'm getting a shipment of maleri island and ob peacock fry hopefully in the next few days so seeing these pics gets me stoked!

Thank you, good luck with your new fry, please post pics. when you get them.
Although taking photos of fry is not an easy thing to do. At first they are to small for the camera to see, then as soon as you can see them, they start to swim soooo fast all you get is a blur.
If I take 100 pics. I'm lucky if 15 of them are even usable and 5 are descent enough to post.

Thank you, good luck with your new fry, please post pics. when you get them.
Although taking photos of fry is not an easy thing to do. At first they are to small for the camera to see, then as soon as you can see them, they start to swim soooo fast all you get is a blur.
If I take 100 pics. I'm lucky if 15 of them are even usable and 5 are descent enough to post.
lol. Will do. Luckily my girlfriend is a photographer so I have access to a really nice camera. It doesn't have a dedicated macro lens, but it still gets some really good photos nonetheless.

Unfortunately though my ability at using it isn't very good yet, so it's a work in progress :)

lol. Will do. Luckily my girlfriend is a photographer so I have access to a really nice camera. It doesn't have a dedicated macro lens, but it still gets some really good photos nonetheless.

Unfortunately though my ability at using it isn't very good yet, so it's a work in progress :)

Oh man that's so not fair, you have a Pro in the family.
My camera is way better at taking pics. than I am too. One day I may know what I'm doing. My father says I need to read the manual to take better photos. I just find manuals and art kind of polar opposites.
But if I managed to get fry, which isn't easy. I should be able to take a few descent photos, which seems much easier. In theory anyway.
Have a great week.

Back
Top Bottom