My 6ft Amazonian Style Bookshelf Aquarium- comments/suggestions? I am a new member!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DKFishExtreme

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Tank Specs:
-Custom made by truvu
-45 gallon acrylic tank
-6ft x 10in wide x 12 high
-Sits on two solid 36" oak bookshelves from oak express
-Fluval 205 canister fiter and Aqueon 40 internal filter
-2 heaters temp. Kept at 79F
-6ft LED light strip w/ dimmer from lowes
- black background
-Sand, fake plants, mopani driftwood, rock

Fish stock:
9 tiger barbs ( i know not from the amazon lol)
7 cories
2 bolivian rams
3 kuli loaches (getting more)
1 golden bristlenose pleco
1 red tail shark
1 denison barb ( given to by a friend i will get more)
5 other mixed fish that are gonna be donated

Tank is still work in proges...but here is what its like thus far!
Its been up and running for over 8months now.. any comments or suggestions would be appreciated !

Attachments

• CAM00672.jpg
    CAM00672.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 187
  • CAM00650.jpg
    CAM00650.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 207
  • CAM00652.jpg
    CAM00652.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 201
  • CAM00673.jpg
    CAM00673.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 177
I really, really love this tank!! I'm thinking about having one made, along with a custom stand that will also hold a bunch of DVD's we desperately need storage for. Was it outrageously expensive to have truvu custom make it? I love tetras when they school, and I think this tank would be amazing for that. Seriously, I can't say it enough, this is one of my favorite tanks ever!

Thank you for your kind words!! I put a lot of time and money into this! But it was fun:) The tank costed me about $670 to have it made and delivered. Then with every thing else I put into it this tank is over a grand lol I think a school of just tetras would look awesome! I have a things for tiger barbs and cories and let me tell ya watching them school side to side in the current is amazing to watch. My whole goal was to have a streamlined tank where it look as tho it was just sitting on the bookshelves with nothing else, meaning can't see cords, bulky filters, lights etc. Glad someone on here likes it!! Thanks again!

Sent from my LG-P769 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Im so jealous you got a red tailed shark, I was going to in my 100 gal, but decided against it

Hahaha go for it! So many myths about them, but in all honesty I have never had any problem with having just one in a tank 40 gallons or bigger. IMO and experience!

Sent from my LG-P769 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom