Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-04-2011, 09:22 PM   #1

POTM Champion

My aquarium

Just started it up a couple weeks ago and just found this forum. Thought I'd post a pic. Hope you like it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3780920096.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	33352  

Old 04-04-2011, 09:33 PM   #2
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Looks like a good start! Have you thought about some moss on that nice piece of driftwood? Or maybe an anubias or java fern? I think that would look really cool.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:46 PM   #3

POTM Champion

I have thought about it but haven't looked into the light requirements for either one. This weekend I had to replace the stock light that was with the tank, it was passed on to me from my mom, because the ballast started sparking. I needed to replace it quickly and the only thing I could find in town was a dual 14w T5 NO (normal output). So replacing the light is not an option. Oh, and to make things better they only had the salt water version so I ordered a 6700K to replace the actinic lamp that was in it. The other lamp that came with it was a 10000K lamp. I'm very happy with the fixture, it's a Deep Blue Professional SolarMax HE.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:49 PM   #4
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Any of the three I mentioned can do well in just about any lighting. They're considered low light, but do fine in medium and high. What is that, a 30g? Not a ton of light, but that'll get you about any low light plants you want. I can't see the plants very well that are in there, looks like wisteria over on the right in the front?

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
Old 04-04-2011, 09:50 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Nice tank, how many gallons is it?
Old 04-04-2011, 09:51 PM   #6

POTM Champion

29 gallons.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:54 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

Nice, I don't know much about freshwater tanks let alone planted tanks but I agree that the driftwood would look nice covered in some green
Old 04-04-2011, 10:05 PM   #8

POTM Champion

You're correct there is a wisteria, 2 amazon swords and I can't remember what the other one is. Hopefully these will be ok in this light. The LFS isn't much of a help, at least the one I've been in so I haven't been back. I picked the plants up at Petco. I know probably not the best choice.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:26 PM   #9
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

I think they'll be fine in that light. They'll grow a lot quicker in higher light, but they'll do ok with yours.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:32 PM   #10

POTM Champion

Slow is good with me. That'll make it easier to manage. I don't want a jungle to take care of. Thanks for the info. Is there a good place online to purchase live plants like the ones you mentioned?

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com