My aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mfergusonjr

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just started it up a couple weeks ago and just found this forum. Thought I'd post a pic. Hope you like it.

Attachments

• image-3780920096.jpg
    image-3780920096.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 239
I have thought about it but haven't looked into the light requirements for either one. This weekend I had to replace the stock light that was with the tank, it was passed on to me from my mom, because the ballast started sparking. I needed to replace it quickly and the only thing I could find in town was a dual 14w T5 NO (normal output). So replacing the light is not an option. Oh, and to make things better they only had the salt water version so I ordered a 6700K to replace the actinic lamp that was in it. The other lamp that came with it was a 10000K lamp. I'm very happy with the fixture, it's a Deep Blue Professional SolarMax HE.

Any of the three I mentioned can do well in just about any lighting. They're considered low light, but do fine in medium and high. What is that, a 30g? Not a ton of light, but that'll get you about any low light plants you want. I can't see the plants very well that are in there, looks like wisteria over on the right in the front?

Nice, I don't know much about freshwater tanks let alone planted tanks but I agree that the driftwood would look nice covered in some green

You're correct there is a wisteria, 2 amazon swords and I can't remember what the other one is. Hopefully these will be ok in this light. The LFS isn't much of a help, at least the one I've been in so I haven't been back. I picked the plants up at Petco. I know probably not the best choice.

Slow is good with me. That'll make it easier to manage. I don't want a jungle to take care of. Thanks for the info. Is there a good place online to purchase live plants like the ones you mentioned?

There are numerous sites. You can also get them on here in our classifieds section. I'll have some up for sale before too long, and others often have trimmings available, sometimes just for the cost of shipping.

Aquabid seems to be a good place to get plants. There are tons of sellers on there and you can view the feedback on all of them before purchasing. You can get plants very cheap from there most of the time.

Of course those are skittles. Haven't you heard, they're the new substrate. No, actually my parents gave me and my wife their tank for our anniversary and they already had a lot of substrate that was in good condition so we just bought some neutral colored to mix with it.

Back
Top Bottom