my betta,s new home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellyx

Aquarium Advice Addict
Thought I,d show a foto of my bettas 60litre tank now the sands settled! He loves all the space :)

ForumRunner_20121010_161535.jpg

He's going to get lost lol, I just moved mine to their 10g today too, the male flared at the little female once, she flared back and he ran scared lol

KevinM said:
He's going to get lost lol, I just moved mine to their 10g today too, the male flared at the little female once, she flared back and he ran scared lol

That's cool lol mine looks really tiny in the tank spends most of his time flaring around it! :)

I am cycling a new tank and when that is done by betta is going to get a heated filtered 10 gallon all to himself (with maybe a snail for cleaning). Can't wait.

twoodrough said:
I am cycling a new tank and when that is done by betta is going to get a heated filtered 10 gallon all to himself (with maybe a snail for cleaning). Can't wait.

He,ll love it!

Allinthegame83 said:
Very nice Shelly. You just go e have him in there?

Thanks, yep just him he's got an apple snail in their, a Colombian & 2 baby tylos. Don't think he would be too happy with anything else lol I'm still not to sure about the deco bought driftwood & more plant,s can't make my mind up about the purple bridge :)

shellyx said:
Thanks, yep just him he's got an apple snail in their, a Colombian & 2 baby tylos. Don't think he would be too happy with anything else lol I'm still not to sure about the deco bought driftwood & more plant,s can't make my mind up about the purple bridge :)

I've given up on the idea of putting anything else in mine after the shrimp massacre from a few weeks back! Just sticking with the two zebra snails.

The bridge - it's not my cup of tea, prefer more natural decor but that's just my opinion. It's a nice piece but contrasts a lot with the other decor.

A black or blue back ground and some taller plants at the back would look really good.

Allinthegame83 said:
I've given up on the idea of putting anything else in mine after the shrimp massacre from a few weeks back! Just sticking with the two zebra snails.

The bridge - it's not my cup of tea, prefer more natural decor but that's just my opinion. It's a nice piece but contrasts a lot with the other decor.

A black or blue back ground and some taller plants at the back would look really good.

I was thinking about shrimp but I think he,ll eat them! I'm not too happy with the bridge my kids like it, that's why I bought driftwood today I like natural, going to have to change it. Thanks for your opinion :)

Allinthegame83 said:
From what I've heard, ghost shrimp are best with bettas. The ones I tried were red cherrys.

A piece of driftwood would look really good.

I'm just worried if he harrasses them always wanted shrimp but I think I would have to have hiding spots for them. Cheers

Decided to redo my bettas tank I'm more happier with it now. Thought I,d post a pic

ForumRunner_20121101_224928.jpg

_skyla_ said:
Oooh i really like it, its looks so much nicer now well done :)

Thanks I'm pleased with it, it's more natural. How's yours coming :)

shellyx said:
Thanks I'm pleased with it, it's more natural. How's yours coming :)

Yeah it is :) how's your shrimp going ? Haven't done anything else to it still want to add the cave under my built up gravel ledge and add some more plants. Still waiting for my cover and background to arrive jeez I ordered it online in this country so It shouldn't be taking this long, I'm getting impatient haha. I'm going to be adding the red cherrys on Wednesday finally :D

_skyla_ said:
Yeah it is :) how's your shrimp going ? Haven't done anything else to it still want to add the cave under my built up gravel ledge and add some more plants. Still waiting for my cover and background to arrive jeez I ordered it online in this country so It shouldn't be taking this long, I'm getting impatient haha. I'm going to be adding the red cherrys on Wednesday finally :D

My shrimp are doing great! Nothing worse than waiting for items been there lol can't wait to see what yours is like when your finished :)

Back
Top Bottom