My discus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tmfish said:
Great pic. Do you have any other fish in that tank with them?

Yea I have angelfishes two XL marbles two xl zebras one koi angel XL , 2 pleco one mystery snail 3 blk lace quarter one quarter koi angel.

Yea I have angelfishes two XL marbles two xl zebras one koi angel XL , 2 pleco one mystery snail 3 blk lace quarter one quarter koi angel.

Very cool.

I also have a tank with just Discus and angels.
2 red melons, 2 red turquoise, 1 white
1 chocolate angel, 1 blue angel, 1 gold,1 gold/black angel. The gold and gold/black have paired and lay eggs every 20 days in the tank.
also in tank are 3 panda cory's 2 clown loaches

Discus and Angels? I've always heard discus like to be w discus. I have a school of 7 large angels in a 135g, you think I could make a school of discus work with them??

j0el1212 said:

Cool what size tank??

Jfish201 said:
Discus and Angels? I've always heard discus like to be w discus. I have a school of 7 large angels in a 135g, you think I could make a school of discus work with them??

They can I have about 5-6 angels and 4 discus they are all fine with each other.

Jfish201 said:
What PH are you keeping your tank at?

It's at 7 now even thou discus likes the ph very low in the 6 range but they seem to be doing fine I ll keep trying to bring it down some more.

j0el1212 said:
It's at 7 now even thou discus likes the ph very low in the 6 range but they seem to be doing fine I ll keep trying to bring it down some more.

I've heard they can handle up to 7.3 that is unless your trying to breed and remember a stable ph is better than a preferred.

How many discuss can I keep in a 54 bowfront ... Not to hijack the thread or anything?

Honestly I don't know I'm pretty new at handily discus myself.

image-2134417392.jpg

This is what help me a lot these guidelines

Really nice looking fish mate.. I've always admired discus but have not yet tried to keep them ..

Mfish7 said:
Really nice looking fish mate.. I've always admired discus but have not yet tried to keep them ..

Thanks they are very sensitive but worth the extra work. I'll post more pics later today I have a 2" fancy discus who is running the tank wild very entertaining. Lol

Thanks here my little guy but he swears he's running things he's a little bully I never seen a discus with a temper lol

image-3692606312.jpg

image-3077074747.jpg

image-349827510.jpg

Back
Top Bottom