My discus sure love blood worms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dennisdiscus

Aquarium Advice Activist
I can feed right with my hands they go crazy

Attachments

• image-3932253762.jpg
    image-3932253762.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 137
  • image-3245732503.jpg
    image-3245732503.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 144
Hahah that's awesome! It's such a cool feeling when your fish eat directly from your hand! I have a severum that does it.
Also, when i stick my hands in the tank, my Emperor tetras nibble at the bubbles on my arm! Kind of weird I know, but it tickles and I think it's funny!

I can sometimes pick my pigeon blood rite out of the water he don't mind lol

Hey Dennis, im just starting a 55g planted discus tank was going to have 3-4 discus and a few smaller fish, any tips or suggestions? my water tends to be a bit harder so i was going to buy them from someone already having them in harder water and use a fair bit of driftwood, got a canister filter with the tank so thinking of adding peat? just looking for all and any advice on starting a discus tank for the first time and fully planted :)

Well discus get fairly big 10 inches and do better in groups of 5 or more so I wouldn't use a 55 gal to small need at least 75 gallon but if you only have room for 55 do a lot of water changes and keep the temp steady @ 86-88 and be careful what Algea eater you put in there they will eat there slime coat

They like to be fed frequently so I do 4 smaller feedings a day

Yes like watch out I could even grab one of my hand before I feed them

Back
Top Bottom