My ever changing 125g and 55g's debut

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not as BEAUTIFUL as yours though ;)

Thanks Alisha :D

WOW!!!!!
Impressive. I love it. Ou soul put in sone zebra danios like 6 to add energy

WOW!!!!!
Impressive. I love it. Ou soul put in sone zebra danios like 6 to add energy

Thank you :)

I already have 10 neons and 18 ghost shrimps in the 10g. I'm already overstocked. No space left for the danios.

Coleallensmom said:
We could debate that! ;)

I saw your new discus tank build thread. Will be anxious to see what you do with that tank. :)

:D

It's bare-bottom. My friend has a BB discus tank and his discus are almost the size of a plate. I was told you can only achieve that in a BB tank because you have to feed them at least 4 times a day, doing a PWC sucking out the leftovers and waste at the end of the day. If I hit that goal, I'll put them in a planted tank :)

A few pics update. It looks empty now because I got rid of most(90%) of the star grass and ludwigia, trimmed the amazon swords and spread out the blyxa. Added 2 red tiger lotus and one more stem plant(I forgot the name). It looks like star grass but leaves are thicker and IMO looks better. I hope it will look better once the new plants fills in.

Attachments

• image-260258316.jpg
    image-260258316.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 156
  • image-601939419.jpg
    image-601939419.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Still looks great, Roy! Love how the front is really filling in with the blyxa.. What is the plant you have on the right again? Really love how bushy it is.

Coleallensmom said:
Still looks great, Roy! Love how the front is really filling in with the blyxa.. What is the plant you have on the right again? Really love how bushy it is.

Thanks Alisha :)

Are you talking about the right side or left? The right looks empty for me. The plants on the right are amazon swords, star grass and ludwigia. The one on the left is hygro.

A few pics update. It looks empty now because I got rid of most(90%) of the star grass and ludwigia, trimmed the amazon swords and spread out the blyxa. Added 2 red tiger lotus and one more stem plant(I forgot the name). It looks like star grass but leaves are thicker and IMO looks better. I hope it will look better once the new plants fills in.

Looks great! How do you clean the gravel with the plants over it? Thanks!

Thank you guys!

I don't vacuum my substrate :D

Oh ok, I don't know that much about planted tanks, I only know that in my fish only freshwater, I siphon the gravel. So what are your normal cleaning procedures? Thanks, I am considering changing my fresh to planted.

redsea said:
Oh ok, I don't know that much about planted tanks, I only know that in my fish only freshwater, I siphon the gravel. So what are your normal cleaning procedures? Thanks, I am considering changing my fresh to planted.

I do 2-50% PWCs a week because I have discus. I usually just changed the water and clean the glass once a week.

Back
Top Bottom