My first attempt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gaz77

Aquarium Advice Regular
Only been running since Sunday I really want to put some fish in it ASAP any suggestions ? image-2777039444.jpg image-2801743790.jpg A bit more light. And a little cloudy!

You should go with a group of schooling fish, some barbs, maybe some tetra (7-8). 3 nerite or mystery snails (won't reproduce) in freshwater, and 2 loach's

You should go with a group of schooling fish, some barbs, maybe some tetra (7-8). 3 nerite or mystery snails (won't reproduce) in freshwater, and 2 loach's

My son wants a fighting fish just been and purchased 2 redtail sharks and 2 pearl gourami. Lfs checked my water and said its fine and recommend these fellows?

My son wants a fighting fish just been and purchased 2 redtail sharks and 2 pearl gourami. Lfs checked my water and said its fine and recommend these fellows?

They shod be fine for now but you may have to upgrade your tank as the grow quite big. :)

Honestly that was a bad idea. Generally the rts need a lot of space to zoom, like a racetrack. An will pick on other fish in your tank. Also it is recommended to only have one rts per tank because they are highly territorial.

Honestly that was a bad idea. Generally the rts need a lot of space to zoom, like a racetrack. An will pick on other fish in your tank. Also it is recommended to only have one rts per tank because they are highly territorial.

The guy in the shop recommend them ! What other fish can I put with these or am I better taking them back?.

Personally I would take the sharks back. Only because they will need To be rehomed soon. I have a rainbow shark in my 29 gal. He doesn't pick on other fish enough for me to regime him yet. But I do have a 55g waiting for him and my bichir

Personally I would take the sharks back. Only because they will need To be rehomed soon. I have a rainbow shark in my 29 gal. He doesn't pick on other fish enough for me to regime him yet. But I do have a 55g waiting for him and my bichir
Hi I have taken one back and exchange it for balloon Molly's x3 .the sales girl sound very knowledgable .and his a keeper of fish she used to have a rts.

Also, pg's tend to get aggressive with tank mates if the tank is too small. I still recommend rehoming the shark! Good luck on your tank!

Back
Top Bottom