Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 10-01-2013, 04:05 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Gaz77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Blackpool ,england
Posts: 80
Only been running since Sunday I really want to put some fish in it ASAP any suggestions ? Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2777039444.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	200669 Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2801743790.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	200672 A bit more light. And a little cloudy!
__________________

__________________
Gaz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:10 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Gaz77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Blackpool ,england
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz77 View Post
Only been running since Sunday I really want to put some fish in it ASAP any suggestions ? A bit more light.
and a little cloudy!
__________________

__________________
Gaz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:00 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Piratechest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 388
You should go with a group of schooling fish, some barbs, maybe some tetra (7-8). 3 nerite or mystery snails (won't reproduce) in freshwater, and 2 loach's
__________________
Piratechest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:08 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Gaz77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Blackpool ,england
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piratechest View Post
You should go with a group of schooling fish, some barbs, maybe some tetra (7-8). 3 nerite or mystery snails (won't reproduce) in freshwater, and 2 loach's
My son wants a fighting fish just been and purchased 2 redtail sharks and 2 pearl gourami. Lfs checked my water and said its fine and recommend these fellows?
__________________
Gaz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:10 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Tuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz77 View Post
My son wants a fighting fish just been and purchased 2 redtail sharks and 2 pearl gourami. Lfs checked my water and said its fine and recommend these fellows?
They shod be fine for now but you may have to upgrade your tank as the grow quite big.
__________________
Tuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:11 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Piratechest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 388
Honestly that was a bad idea. Generally the rts need a lot of space to zoom, like a racetrack. An will pick on other fish in your tank. Also it is recommended to only have one rts per tank because they are highly territorial.
__________________
Piratechest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:32 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Gaz77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Blackpool ,england
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piratechest View Post
Honestly that was a bad idea. Generally the rts need a lot of space to zoom, like a racetrack. An will pick on other fish in your tank. Also it is recommended to only have one rts per tank because they are highly territorial.
The guy in the shop recommend them ! What other fish can I put with these or am I better taking them back?.
__________________
Gaz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:41 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Piratechest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 388
Personally I would take the sharks back. Only because they will need To be rehomed soon. I have a rainbow shark in my 29 gal. He doesn't pick on other fish enough for me to regime him yet. But I do have a 55g waiting for him and my bichir
__________________
Piratechest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:17 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Gaz77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Blackpool ,england
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piratechest View Post
Personally I would take the sharks back. Only because they will need To be rehomed soon. I have a rainbow shark in my 29 gal. He doesn't pick on other fish enough for me to regime him yet. But I do have a 55g waiting for him and my bichir
Hi I have taken one back and exchange it for balloon Molly's x3 .the sales girl sound very knowledgable .and his a keeper of fish she used to have a rts.
__________________
Gaz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:59 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Piratechest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 388
Also, pg's tend to get aggressive with tank mates if the tank is too small. I still recommend rehoming the shark! Good luck on your tank!
__________________

__________________
Piratechest is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.