My first ever aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But if the goldfish is substantially large enough and the tank companions are carefully chosen no problems should arise except maybe at spawning. But even then, goldfish are used to VERY rough sex. I've seen my 12"comet shoot out of the water a foot while being pursued by males.

*Snorts*

I'm laughing because I've seen our female goldies do this

Go stick a big, fat fantail goldfish in a tank of Rams, and let me know how that works out for you after about a month. :biglol:

I keep guppies, platys, otos and neon tetras with 6 pairs of GBRs, going on 7 months now. I've also kept rosey reds with GBRs in another tank, for about a year.

Go stick a big, fat fantail goldfish in a tank of Rams, and let me know how that works out for you after about a month. :biglol:

Look, you're new to this forum and while voicing opinions and experience is encouraged, being snippy and condescending towards well-respected and knowledgeable forum members is not good practice. They very well may help you save a fish one day.

Look, you're new to this forum and while voicing opinions and experience is encouraged, being snippy and condescending towards well-respected and knowledgeable forum members is not good practice. They very well may help you save a fish one day.

That's a BEAUTIFUL example you're setting on how not to be snippy and condescending. ;)

That's a BEAUTIFUL example you're setting on how not to be snippy and condescending. ;)

Not being snippy or condescending at all. I didn't use any sarcasm and had no ill intent. I even stated that your advice and experience is very much encouraged and welcome.

Dissy said:
A yellow prince cichlid?? (Never heard of them; just googled it, and it came up as a cichlid)..

Cichids and goldfish are NOT compatible in any way, shape, or form. One will die.

Goldfish are cold water fish - heaters will kill them.

Cichlids are warmer water fish - no heat will kill them.

What else do you have in that tank?

Ah no i removed the goldfish cz it wont make it with all those agressive fishes.

Not being snippy or condescending at all. I didn't use any sarcasm and had no ill intent. I even stated that your advice and experience is very much encouraged and welcome.

So you just naturally sound that way?

(Sorry.. Don't expect me to back down and be submissive just because I'm new to *this* forum, and your post count happens to be higher than mine.)

Now, back to the topic at hand. No matter how you want to slice it, putting goldfish with cichlids is *not* common practice, generally doesn't work, and by no means should be encouraged. Just because it may have worked for one person, that doesn't mean the next person should jump right out and try it. The fact remains that the mix he had in that tank was a prime recipe for disaster, and somebody else came alone and suggested it was fine because it worked "for them".

Dissy said:
So you just naturally sound that way?

(Sorry.. Don't expect me to back down and be submissive just because I'm new to *this* forum, and your post count happens to be higher than mine.)

Now, back to the topic at hand. No matter how you want to slice it, putting goldfish with cichlids is *not* common practice, generally doesn't work, and by no means should be encouraged. Just because it may have worked for one person, that doesn't mean the next person should jump right out and try it. The fact remains that the mix he had in that tank was a prime recipe for disaster, and somebody else came alone and suggested it was fine because it worked "for them".

*face palm* cue "why can't we be friends" theme song. We all have voiced our opinions now, let's just settle down before "big brother" closes this thread.

Homedog98 said:
*face palm* cue "why can't we be friends" theme song. We all have voiced our opinions now, let's just settle down before "big brother" closes this thread.

+1

I totally agree

the crab will most likely be killed by the crayfish,also,what kind is it?chances are its not fully aquatic.

alLexX said:
the crab will most likely be killed by the crayfish,also,what kind is it?chances are its not fully aquatic.

Hmmm i attached a picture maybe this helps more. And now i know why the crab is always hanging on the filter tube. He is scared!

Attachments

• image-769459065.jpg
    image-769459065.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 91
i meant the crab,im 90%sure your cray is a blue crayfish(looks just like mine) ive just got no idea what kind of crab it is.but it does look cool

Back
Top Bottom