My first tank, 10g platy :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bl414

Aquarium Advice Activist
This is my first tank, not the greatest thing in the world but its nice to look at :p
2 red wagtail platy
2 mickey mouse platy
1 platy i'm not sure of the name
1 mystery snail

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 260
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 228
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 220
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 213
wow! very nice tank. i also have 2 mickey mouse platys of course their names are minnie and mickey. what are those yellow and orange plants called? very lovely

im loving em so far :p. To be honest im really not sure, I got them on sale at petsmart a few months ago.

Nice tank! It's always refreshing to see a newbie who stocks properly, lol!

The other platy i believe is called a sunset platy i recently got some and it looks just like that

Thanks everyone for the compliments and thanks 5 for the ID :). I know Rosen, that's due to a whole lot of research before I even got the tank :p. The only thing I regret is the gravel, I'd like a more natural look

The good thing is gravel is easy to change out. Just do it a little at a time so you don't hurt your bacteria colonies..a few handfuls of old gravel out and an equal amount of new gravel in at each water change...it takes a while but eventually you'll have the gravel changed out if that is what you want to do.

I know I do the same thing even now. I think I want a colored gravel and always end up changing out to natural :) I've probably used every color gravel under the proverbial rainbow (except the flourescent looking ones).

YOu did a good job :)

Back
Top Bottom