Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-22-2003, 10:25 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to Beau
My FW Aquarium

The pics are a bit dodgy but santa will hopefully bring me a real digital camera for christmas! eheh. My aquarium has 1 red oscar and 2 clown loaches in it.

The Aquarium:

My Oscar:

One of my clowns:

And here is a pic i took of my sisters albino corydoras:
[/img]

Old 12-22-2003, 11:32 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Awesome!! The photos are very good for "fake" cam, LOL!! Must be the photographer rather than the equipment

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 12:24 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Electrobes
You have an oscar with plants? man good luck mine like using the plants as a chew toy when I had a planted tank
Old 12-22-2003, 12:33 PM   #4

Thanks for your comments.

It's not so much a "fake" cam but its not a digital still camera, lol. the photos were taken with a video camera and i just snatched out one of the frames. It makes it quite easy to get a good pic but the resolution is not very high.

I just bought the oscar today and so far he's been too worried about the little fishies i've put in there for him to eat rahter than chewing on the plants.. I hope he doesn't destroy the plants too much.

Old 12-22-2003, 12:39 PM   #5

Quote:
just bought the oscar today and so far he's been too worried about the little fishies i've put in there for him to eat rahter than chewing on the plants.. I hope he doesn't destroy the plants too much.
Dont mean to be one of the but " hope u know type guys". But feed fish to the oscar less often and as more of a treat. It's perfectly fine if not good that you gave them to him to get him comfy. My point is not " oh poor little fishes". My point is that they can carry disease in their stomachs and if im not mistaken minnows are not the most cared for of all fish!

Just a little extra info

Dela
Old 12-22-2003, 12:48 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via ICQ to ferret Send a message via AIM to ferret
How large is the oscar, and how large is the tank?

I currently have three that are approaching 6 inches, which is about half grown on average. They have two rather large sword plants as a test to see if they'll leave them alone. So far they've nibbled them some over the past 3 weeks, but mostly left them alone or 'slept' between them. They seem to enjoy having them.

If you want to feed your Oscar live fish, consider getting a 20 gallon tank and a pair of convict cichlids. That way you have a fairly unlimited supply of convict fry (200-300 every 3-4 weeks, and they grow to good feeding size within 4 weeks) that you can be fairly sure are disease free. Buying feeders from the lfs is always a risky decision.
Old 12-22-2003, 01:04 PM   #7

The tank is 160 Litres, which i think converts to 29 - 30Gals.
Thanks for the tips. I will have to save up a bit of money to get another tank for the convicts and I dont really have enough room, but i'm sure I could squeeze it in my house somewhere. . Well anyways thanks for the tips.

Off to sleep for me, its 1am here in western australia and i'm tired.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com