My Goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

griffinej5

Aquarium Advice Regular
My tank is cycled and I've got the fish. I need a new memory card reader for my camera, but these phone pics will have to suffice till it arrives.

Attachments

• image-549407967.jpg
    image-549407967.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 232
With the blue LEDs on

I guess you can't see the fish with the blue LEDs on and everything in the room reflecting off the glass. I'll have to put the camera down in the tank later once I get the memory card reader, since I've got an underwater camera.
The black and orange one down in the corner is Magikarp, yes like the Pokemon. That one is hanging pretty much around that area. The other one is Goldeen. He or she seems to be riding around on the current from the bubble wall and the filter. Because I want to do some training with them, I went with two of the smaller ones in the tank figuring they have less of any sort of history. I got them from Petsmart, but the stores in the area didn't impress me. I stalked the tanks for a few weeks at various times of day to see if they looked good, under the guise of just taking my 6 month old niece to look at the animals. She likes to look at them, and it kept anyone from bothering me in the store. I've got some java moss coming in the mail to add to the tank.

Attachments

• image-2918565261.jpg
    image-2918565261.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 214
Goldies are my favorite!! What do you plan on training them to do? The most I can get mine to do is sit in my hand.

img_1466459_0_22b53c8e84acb8537eaa98bf69cac873.jpg
img_1466459_1_24db2c243b7b305407ce9149fa9b1409.jpg

img_1466459_2_ff344a2cffec0b02a96800495079122c.jpg
A few more pictures from in the tank now that I got my camera card reader. They're quite difficult to take pictures of that way. They kept nibbling at my hands and the camera.

I hope the orandas keep the black. Goldfish usually lose black like that.

I hope the orandas keep the black. Goldfish usually lose black like that.
That's actually one and not an oranda. I didn't realize it might lose the black, I hope not. I like that they're sort of opposite of each other. I really wanted them to look very different too, to make it easier to know which one I'm working with when I start training them. I sure wish I had room for something bigger and an axolotl to go with them though. I've wanted one for a few years.

Black is a juvenile color for goldies, they usually grow out of it.
This is my little lady. When I got her she was half black/white, now she's completely white.

Attachments

• image-3889957906.jpg
    image-3889957906.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 199
  • image-1199311093.jpg
    image-1199311093.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 183
That does look like an oranda. Now much of a wen, but it does look like it is there.

Hmm... the tank said they were veil tails, and they look like veil tails to me. I'll have to take more pictures later. They are definitely both the same type.
I'll have to see if I can get them to do some color discrimination. I have a feeling Goldeen (the orange and white) is going to do better, as he/she appears to be the more hungry of the two.
Editing... I can't read worth a crap. I was back in the store tonight, the tank is labeled fan tails, and they are fan tails.

Back
Top Bottom