Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-15-2012, 03:14 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Shrimp do jump I've had plenty of shrimp chips as I call them on my rug in my time. It's really neat your daughter is in to science at such a young age that's really awesome. Plus the fish hobby is chalk full of science and other various lessons which keeps it fun and challenging at the same time. I have tanks set up in local schools in my area with aquarium clubs and workshops and all I ever see is nothing but positive come out of it for the kids. Their grades go up, they pay attention in class ( well at least science/biology class sorry boring math lol!) and it gives them something positive to do after school which keeps them off the streets I'm all for this hobby and our youth needs to be excited about it like I was when I was a child in the 80's. Nothing but good can come out of it keep it up your being a great mom getting her involved so young btw I have a green cheek conure I know the bird mess your referring to haha!!

Old 02-15-2012, 04:14 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

I love conures! I really wanted another lovebird but I have a 2 yr old and a 5 yr old (people kids. LoL!) and they make enough less for now.

Im sure you can work a little math into the science. The ph is 6... It should be 7.5... That's a difference of how much?

If you have a 10 gallon aquarium and want to do a 1/3 water change, how many gallons would you have to remove?

See! Fractions!! I hate those. LOL!!

Old 02-15-2012, 04:29 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearchumjs
I love conures! I really wanted another lovebird but I have a 2 yr old and a 5 yr old (people kids. LoL!) and they make enough less for now.

Im sure you can work a little math into the science. The ph is 6... It should be 7.5... That's a difference of how much?

If you have a 10 gallon aquarium and want to do a 1/3 water change, how many gallons would you have to remove?

See! Fractions!! I hate those. LOL!!
Oh man that's hilarious lol!! I guess I could work math in but the kids may drown me in one of the tanks, right now all they ask about is endless fish species haha!!! But little do they realize I have taught them the ph scale, water hardness/softness, and stuff like that so I sneak it in a bit at a time

Tags
male, ram

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com