Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-15-2012, 07:16 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

My male ram on patrol

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-923449216.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	76702

My dominant male ram in my discus grow out tank.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:01 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I love this species. That is one handsome fish.

75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:05 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

The GBR looks great! I wish I could've found some good stock around here.

The plants in the background seem to be showing some severe nutrient deficiencies though. Unless that is an Ozelot sword, then never mind. It's hard to tell from the pics if they are pin holes.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:03 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndaB
I love this species. That is one handsome fish.
Thank you so much! I love rams perfect lil dwarf cichlids next to the apisto family if you ask me.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:05 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by meegosh
The GBR looks great! I wish I could've found some good stock around here.

The plants in the background seem to be showing some severe nutrient deficiencies though. Unless that is an Ozelot sword, then never mind. It's hard to tell from the pics if they are pin holes.
Thanks for the nice comment on my GBR and yes it's a new green ozelot sword I just picked up last week(thumb) good catch/eye. I have a red ozelot already I had to get the green I love both color variations of that sword.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:05 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discusapisto

My dominant male ram in my discus grow out tank.
That's a beautiful fish! I think I may want one when I get a big tank!
Old 02-15-2012, 02:08 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearchumjs

That's a beautiful fish! I think I may want one when I get a big tank!
Thank you! What size tank do you have? They can work in a 20 gallon or up for a pair, if you do weekly water changes you can keep a pair in a ten gallon but I prefer at least a 20 gallon.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:15 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discusapisto

Thank you! What size tank do you have? They can work in a 20 gallon or up for a pair, if you do weekly water changes you can keep a pair in a ten gallon but I prefer at least a 20 gallon.
Right now I just have a fluval chi 5gal with 1 dwarf gourami and 2 little pond guppies. The gourami is from the pet store and the guppies are from the living organism science unit my daughters 1st grade class did last year. They aren't fancy or colorful but they sure are cute And they are special to her. I want to upgrade to a 29 gallon one of these days. Right now I'm still learning.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:32 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

Sounds like your off to a good start! let me say welcome to the aquarium world! Once the aquarium bug bites ya it's all over lol! I went from a 5 gallon tank to 40 tanks total haha! But it takes time to learn and it's really cool your involving your daughter I do the same with mine she pretends she doesn't care about the fish(12 years old going on 25) but when her friends come over she knows the names of all of the species of plants and fish. Best advice I can give ya being new to it all is research every single purchase and species you plan on getting before you buy and get a few trusted books on fish species and of course apps like this one are full of people willing to help out
Old 02-15-2012, 02:43 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

My daughter is 7 and loves science stuff. She's going to love the water test kit when I get it. I had originally purchased a Japanese shrimp to go with my gourami but I guess it jumped out of the tank. LFS didn't tell me the tank would need a lid... Anyway, she cried over it all night!

I figured having an aquarium again would be a nice hobby. They aren't as messy as birds. I have raised finches... They would not stop having babies!! And I had a lovebird. Once he passed away I didn't really have a hobby anymore. Not wanting to deal with bird mess I decided having an aquarium again would be fun. I used to have a 10gallon and it's amazing fish actually lived in it.

Tags
male, ram

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com