Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-07-2014, 02:46 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bichir Bro View Post
Nice eye! Yes it is, this was one of my first fish from my old 30. I moved him, and a few others (Tiger Barbs, Rainbow Shark and Golden Wonder Killi) to the 60 so I could try my hand at breeding Peacock Gudgeons.
I was very worried he would aggressively be aggressive towards my Opal but they're actually quite fond of each other. I've never seen them quarrel, the worst thing I've seen is flaring.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Very nice looking fish.

My daughter just adopted a couple of fish and one was an Opaline, named Tiger! Because of the stripes. It lives with a Dwarf Gourami and it seems they never bother each other. Also I had one for a long time (it was about 7 or 8 years old when it died) and it lived with a Pearl Gourami (and a Betta for a few months) and they were good together. Depends on the fish I guess.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 03:00 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular

I've been wanting a paradise gourami for a whole now. I am kind of doing a gourami tank. So far a have an Opaline, gold, snakeskin, and a kissing. I really love the pearls, platinums, and the paradise gouramis as well. But your Opaline is great looking

Sent from my QMV7A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 09-07-2014, 12:15 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Wow he's gorgeous! I've always had a soft spot for gouramis!!
Old 09-07-2014, 01:14 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

My New Gourami!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brennae View Post
let me know how the peacock gudgeon breeding goes. I'm having poor luck on that front.
Thanks but unfortunately that 30 gallon and its fish are no longer with us. Quite a while ago the heater broke in the tank and torched all 12 Serpae Tetras and all but two of my Peacocks. I had gotten two successful breeds out of them and almost three but before anything happened again the heater broke.

If you're having bad luck go read my profile on them in the fish profile section

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Very nice looking fish.

My daughter just adopted a couple of fish and one was an Opaline, named Tiger! Because of the stripes. It lives with a Dwarf Gourami and it seems they never bother each other. Also I had one for a long time (it was about 7 or 8 years old when it died) and it lived with a Pearl Gourami (and a Betta for a few months) and they were good together. Depends on the fish I guess.

Thanks Autumn! Gouramis really do vary a bit, my old Pearl was always grumpy and never really liked anyone lol. He didn't go nuts but he just always seemed like he was in a bad mood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane View Post
I've been wanting a paradise gourami for a whole now. I am kind of doing a gourami tank. So far a have an Opaline, gold, snakeskin, and a kissing. I really love the pearls, platinums, and the paradise gouramis as well. But your Opaline is great looking

Thanks! I'd keep an eye on the Kissing Gourami as he grows, he can get a lot bigger than the others! Good luck on the tank though!

Sent from my QMV7A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish_fi View Post
Wow he's gorgeous! I've always had a soft spot for gouramis!!

Thanks! I do love Gouramis, always have. Their size and color have always intrigued me.
Old 09-07-2014, 05:07 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I had one Pearl that killed one other Pearl Gourami and was trying to kill this present one, so I gave it to my friend who had a semi-aggressive tank and he minded his manners after that, no one to bully.

This present one is sweet, gentle and peaceful. Very Zen.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 05:12 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

My New Gourami!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
I had one Pearl that killed one other Pearl Gourami and was trying to kill this present one, so I gave it to my friend who had a semi-aggressive tank and he minded his manners after that, no one to bully.

This present one is sweet, gentle and peaceful. Very Zen.

Yeah my Paradise is very gentle. The Pearl always held a grudge to my Paradise, good thing he learned to keep away from him.
My Tiger Barbs were even scared of the Pearl! Never once came near the guy lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Tags
gourami, ram

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com