My New Gourami!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bichir Bro

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I'm normally not one to show off my fish much but I gotta show this guy off! He's an incredibly gorgeous Opaline (I think) gourami! I've never ever seen an Opaline with THIS much color! Just got him today, he's still pretty young, can't wait to see him at his full length!
Side Note: If it ain't an Opaline Gourami please tell me, it looks like one but man I've never seen one like this! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401419901.103417.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401419925.724011.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401419946.247551.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401419968.095089.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401419998.941538.jpg

He's beautiful! What a lovely blue he is :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wow!! I was considering an opaline but all the ones my lfs had were almost silver. That is a beauty!!!

Wow!! I was considering an opaline but all the ones my lfs had were almost silver. That is a beauty!!!

Thanks! He's toned down quite a lot, but he's still my center piece beauty though! If you're tanks big enough and his roommates would be nice to him you should get one! I love mine, not too much for personality but he sure does add some flare. Here he is today.... ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408824797.473814.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Is that a paradise gourami behind him?

Sent from my QMV7A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Is that a paradise gourami behind him?

Nice eye! Yes it is, this was one of my first fish from my old 30. I moved him, and a few others (Tiger Barbs, Rainbow Shark and Golden Wonder Killi) to the 60 so I could try my hand at breeding Peacock Gudgeons.
I was very worried he would aggressively be aggressive towards my Opal but they're actually quite fond of each other. I've never seen them quarrel, the worst thing I've seen is flaring.

Nice eye! Yes it is, this was one of my first fish from my old 30. I moved him, and a few others (Tiger Barbs, Rainbow Shark and Golden Wonder Killi) to the 60 so I could try my hand at breeding Peacock Gudgeons.
I was very worried he would aggressively be aggressive towards my Opal but they're actually quite fond of each other. I've never seen them quarrel, the worst thing I've seen is flaring.

Very nice looking fish.

My daughter just adopted a couple of fish and one was an Opaline, named Tiger! Because of the stripes. It lives with a Dwarf Gourami and it seems they never bother each other. Also I had one for a long time (it was about 7 or 8 years old when it died) and it lived with a Pearl Gourami (and a Betta for a few months) and they were good together. Depends on the fish I guess.

I've been wanting a paradise gourami for a whole now. I am kind of doing a gourami tank. So far a have an Opaline, gold, snakeskin, and a kissing. I really love the pearls, platinums, and the paradise gouramis as well. But your Opaline is great looking

let me know how the peacock gudgeon breeding goes. I'm having poor luck on that front.

Thanks but unfortunately that 30 gallon and its fish are no longer with us. Quite a while ago the heater broke in the tank and torched all 12 Serpae Tetras and all but two of my Peacocks. I had gotten two successful breeds out of them and almost three but before anything happened again the heater broke.

If you're having bad luck go read my profile on them in the fish profile section :D

Very nice looking fish.

My daughter just adopted a couple of fish and one was an Opaline, named Tiger! Because of the stripes. It lives with a Dwarf Gourami and it seems they never bother each other. Also I had one for a long time (it was about 7 or 8 years old when it died) and it lived with a Pearl Gourami (and a Betta for a few months) and they were good together. Depends on the fish I guess.

Thanks Autumn! Gouramis really do vary a bit, my old Pearl was always grumpy and never really liked anyone lol. He didn't go nuts but he just always seemed like he was in a bad mood.

I've been wanting a paradise gourami for a whole now. I am kind of doing a gourami tank. So far a have an Opaline, gold, snakeskin, and a kissing. I really love the pearls, platinums, and the paradise gouramis as well. But your Opaline is great looking

Thanks! I'd keep an eye on the Kissing Gourami as he grows, he can get a lot bigger than the others! Good luck on the tank though!

Wow he's gorgeous! I've always had a soft spot for gouramis!! :)

Thanks! I do love Gouramis, always have. Their size and color have always intrigued me.

I had one Pearl that killed one other Pearl Gourami and was trying to kill this present one, so I gave it to my friend who had a semi-aggressive tank and he minded his manners after that, no one to bully.

This present one is sweet, gentle and peaceful. Very Zen.

I had one Pearl that killed one other Pearl Gourami and was trying to kill this present one, so I gave it to my friend who had a semi-aggressive tank and he minded his manners after that, no one to bully.

This present one is sweet, gentle and peaceful. Very Zen.

Yeah my Paradise is very gentle. The Pearl always held a grudge to my Paradise, good thing he learned to keep away from him.
My Tiger Barbs were even scared of the Pearl! Never once came near the guy lol.

Back
Top Bottom