My New Marineland 10G HalfMoon! MTS has struck!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brian_Nano12g

Aquarium Advice Addict
So welcoming a new addition to my nano aquariums is the....

MARINELAND 10G LED HALF MOON! (y)

I just set it up and seeded the new Fluval C2 (on it) with BioMax from my other tank. I absolutely LOVE this filter by the way.

I now have a JBJ Nano Cube 12G, Fluval Edge 6G, and this 10G Half Moon.

I'm going to do a full write up soon to share my thoughts on the aquarium, C2 filter, and the stand I'm using (which is an Ikea Expedit bookcase). For now, here's a pic!

BTW, I plan to make this the new home to some Indian Dwarf Puffers when it matures a bit. Don't worry, I have a Master Test Kit and I'm watching the parameters.

6988203179_5aae07e2fc_b.jpg

6988202697_1e2de7bc95_z.jpg

The Fluval C2 sitting on the tank.
6974645337_34b2b02a0f_z.jpg

Brian_Nano12g said:
Thank you! I'm going for a more minimalism stance on it. I want more emphasis on that branch since I find it to be so unique and an amazing find.

Yah it looks pretty gnarly. It would look cool if you put dwarf hairgass in the front and then some moss on the dw. That's pretty minimal

Thank you! I'm going for a more minimalism stance on it. I want more emphasis on that branch since I find it to be so unique and an amazing find.

You will need more decor for long-term success with dwarf puffers. I am also considering getting a 10g moon to grow some snails. Update with your summary soon. Thanks.

You will need more decor for long-term success with dwarf puffers. I am also considering getting a 10g moon to grow some snails. Update with your summary soon. Thanks.

Why do you say that they would require more decor? I'm thinking they're so small and the real estate in a 10g is fairly large enough for them to explore and not get too bored. I realize they are more intelligent than the average fish, but I have created caves with stack stones, separate areas for territory, and the branch actually creates more separation; especially underneath it where there's rocks and an under ledge type area to explore and hide.

My 12G Nano Cube has an abundance of Malaysian Trumpet Snails which are constantly reproducing, this will provide the necessary hard shells to keep their beaks from overgrowing.

Lastly, I do plan to add a large Java Fern to the background. Something that extends upwards of 10-12". I'd love to throw in some swords, but I don't think the LED light that this tank came with is strong enough to support them.

Anyway, here's some close-ups of the bottom so you can see what I'm talking about:

Bottom left:
6849629010_da15a877d8.jpg

Bottom middle:
6995753545_3cda6c098b.jpg

Bottom right:
6849629074_7027f3608e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom