Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-07-2011, 03:43 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottishnewbie
Yes I have a kit that tests for nitrite, nitrate, ph and about 3 other things that I can't remember!! It seems really good and it's the same as the aquarium shop uses. Think i will go shopping for dwarf gouramis today and maybe a Siamese fighter?? They are gorgeous!
Yeah...I wouldnt do the betta and gourami. Not gonna work out well. I see you wrote dwarf gouramiS. Make sure you know how to sex them and try to get no more than one male. Or else you will more than likely end up with a dead gourami...

Old 06-07-2011, 03:52 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

The guy in the aquarium shop and not the one in pets at home knows his stuff and will keep me right. I got into trouble today when I said I had bought fish from there as he doesn't think much of the quality of their fish. You guys are a great help too so hopefully I will soon have a tank to be proud of!!

Old 06-07-2011, 05:14 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to Joyler
Quote:
The guy in the aquarium shop and not the one in pets at home knows his stuff and will keep me right. I got into trouble today when I said I had bought fish from there as he doesn't think much of the quality of their fish. You guys are a great help too so hopefully I will soon have a tank to be proud of!!
I'm sure you will have a fantastic tank! And just for future don't blindly trust an LFS employee nothin good ever comes of that haha
Old 06-07-2011, 05:18 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyler

I'm sure you will have a fantastic tank! And just for future don't blindly trust an LFS employee nothin good ever comes of that haha
Hey now! That's not true! Hah there are people who work at lfs because they love and know fish...just happens that most times it's not the case. Moral of the story. Always do research on top of what they tell you

You have e beginnings of a great tank.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:28 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to Joyler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predfan27

Hey now! That's not true! Hah there are people who work at lfs because they love and know fish...just happens that most times it's not the case. Moral of the story. Always do research on top of what they tell you

You have e beginnings of a great tank.
Lol...that's why I said blindly! I have gotten fantastic advice and opinions from my LFS...but I also had research to help me decide I wasn't falling into a trap I love my LFS!
Old 06-18-2011, 03:35 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Yes I have a kit that tests for nitrite, nitrate, ph and about 3 other things that I can't remember!! It seems really good and it's the same as the aquarium shop uses. Think i will go shopping for dwarf gouramis today and maybe a Siamese fighter?? They are gorgeous!
Why dwarfs in such a big tank? Red fire dwarfs are hard to care for. Very picky fish when it comes to changes in the tank. If your going to do sensitive fish why not some clown loaches. Great fish colorful and a sense of humor. They are also good at keeping your floors clean. You can get corys for that to. Go for a red tail or Bala shark. Those are fun to watch.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:39 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyler

Lol...that's why I said blindly! I have gotten fantastic advice and opinions from my LFS...but I also had research to help me decide I wasn't falling into a trap I love my LFS!
You have to be careful how you say or interpret LFS. Most people think Petsmart or Petco when they say that. I have a guy I go to that i can barley understand but I wouldn't go anywhere else. He is the best. Good lfs help is almost as hard to find as a good gunsmith. : p
Old 06-18-2011, 03:45 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeoffroad

You have to be careful how you say or interpret LFS. Most people think Petsmart or Petco when they say that. I have a guy I go to that i can barley understand but I wouldn't go anywhere else. He is the best. Good lfs help is almost as hard to find as a good gunsmith. : p
Thats barely not barley. : ). Hahaha. Are we making beer here???
Old 06-18-2011, 04:28 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Freak

Haha beer now that sounds good
The guy I go to has a small shop and only sells marine and tropical fish and supplies, I don't go to pets at home if I have a choice as there are usually a good lot of dead fish in their tanks.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:29 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Haha beer now that sounds good
The guy I go to has a small shop and only sells marine and tropical fish and supplies, I don't go to pets at home if I have a choice as there are usually a good lot of dead fish in their tanks.
Agreed. That's how my guy is. He supper knowledgeable and loves what he does. Guys got crazy stuff. Has seahorses now.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com