My new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They sound cool but I'll see how I get on with my tropical tank before I go on to a marine one!

Scottishnewbie said:
They sound cool but I'll see how I get on with my tropical tank before I go on to a marine one!

Oh yeah for sure I'm struggling with my freshwater non-chiclid. I had an chiclid tank and they were a piece of cake. Not so concerned about little changes here and there in water.

I have only had one death so far and that was the day after I put in my fish so putting it down to bad stock or stress ( was a neon)
Im just waiting for my plants to grow a bit as they are all still really small.

Hey I know this is an old thread but would just like to say hi!! Fellow trigon owner here and as there are not many around thought i would say hi!! Tank looks great, mines just re cycling after house move so pics are due in the next week or so but feel free to browse my older threads on my tank if you want, trogons are so hard to scape because of the corner profile but you have done an excellent job well done!!

My new 190 litre tank. Any suggestions on which fish I should get? I would like peaceful, colourful fish that don't fight or kill each other please! Any suggestions to my tank set up wools be appreciated too.. Thanks x

Cool tank!, I like tetras!

Thanks guys!! I am trying to have a nice tank but I'm struggling to hide the filter at the back corner without obstructing it working!

Added some pics of my new scape if you fancy taking a look love to hear your comments

Scottishnewbie said:
Hi, your tank looks amazing!!! I wish I was as good at aquascaping... Maybe one day!!

Cheers very much mate yours looks really good mate, I've had my tank around 3 years now and I've had so many different scapes which have plain just failed and looked awful so it's really just one big learning curve my first attempts were laughable trust me

I have done a variety of water tests and took sample to the aquarium shop just to be on the safe side and happy to say everything is fine, I bought 6 neons and 6 zebra danios for a start but need a main one. I do like dwarf gouramis but wasn't sure if I could have them.

If you're getting the minnow-sized fish, a perfext show-stopper would be a Betta. Choose a colorful one (mine's black, navy, blue, baby blue, aqua, red and purple all in one fish :p) just make sure that every fish you get for him is smaller than he is. Or you could get multiple females and put them in there as a sorority. It's up to you, though.

Back
Top Bottom