Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-26-2006, 03:09 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

my pictures stink

arrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhh!!

I don't have a digital camara. Any hints for me with my film??

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...au/fish-09.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...au/fish-04.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...au/fish-05.jpg

Old 03-26-2006, 03:23 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Japola44
what kind of camera do you have?

"it is impossible to convey the life-sensation of any given epoch of one's existence--that which makes its truth, its meaning--its subtle and penetrating essence. It is impossible. We live, as we dream--alone..." The Heart of Darkness
Japola44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 03:27 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Nikon Zoom Touch 470 AF. My photos are usually excellent with it. I used 400 speed film with the flash off. I guess I should try some at night.
Old 03-26-2006, 03:30 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

Night pics are easiest. I can get half decent ones during the day on my 44 but only because it is next to a window and I can get a ton of sunlight with the blinds open. At night, tank lights on, all other lights and especially the t.v. off. Also, do you have a tripod or something you could use to steady the camera? I find my 35 mm and digital cameras have difficulty capturing pics in focus when the fish are moving and my hand isn't exactly steady.
44 bowfront FW - 3 red cap orandas, 3 fantails, 3 golden dojo loachesone sailfin pleco
40L #1 FW - empty
40L #2 FW - empty
20 tall FW - adopted from my mother - 3 golden dojo loaches, 1 sailfin pleco, 4 assorted tetras and one mystery fish
10 long #1 FW - male betta, 4 peppered cories, 4 bronze cories, sailfin pleco, and some snails
10 long #2 FW - male betta, 1 praecox rainbow, 7 albino cories, sailfin pleco, and some snails
5.5 bowfront FW - 3 ADF's
8 year old flat-coated retriever, 3 year old mutt (looks like a small brindle lab) and a 6 month old miniature poodle (they're pets too, right?)
LydiaGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 03:37 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I'll try a few at night. I'm bummed!! I paid for the CD and got garbage.

For those of you with a digital camaras. May I ask what kind of camara you have? This one is supposed to be of my plump albino.

Old 03-26-2006, 03:58 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

I have a Pentax Optio and love it... do yourself a favour and buy a LARGE memory card to start with. With my pentax on the best picture quality setting, I can store 512 pics on my 1GB compact flash card.
44 bowfront FW - 3 red cap orandas, 3 fantails, 3 golden dojo loachesone sailfin pleco
40L #1 FW - empty
40L #2 FW - empty
20 tall FW - adopted from my mother - 3 golden dojo loaches, 1 sailfin pleco, 4 assorted tetras and one mystery fish
10 long #1 FW - male betta, 4 peppered cories, 4 bronze cories, sailfin pleco, and some snails
10 long #2 FW - male betta, 1 praecox rainbow, 7 albino cories, sailfin pleco, and some snails
5.5 bowfront FW - 3 ADF's
8 year old flat-coated retriever, 3 year old mutt (looks like a small brindle lab) and a 6 month old miniature poodle (they're pets too, right?)
LydiaGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 09:25 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Japola44
I have a pretty cheap one its a nikon coolpix, but my dad just got a nice nikon thats 6megapixels, i think, maybe its 8. Anyway I'm planning to use that for my pictures now. Its all the greatness of a film camera in digital. I wish it was mine. *drools*
"it is impossible to convey the life-sensation of any given epoch of one's existence--that which makes its truth, its meaning--its subtle and penetrating essence. It is impossible. We live, as we dream--alone..." The Heart of Darkness
Japola44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 11:11 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I went ahead and took some more tonight. We'll see how it goes.

Tags
pictures

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com