Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-03-2012, 07:21 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

absolutely amazing! Plus your in Sydney yay im in Wollongong and cannot find any good plants here.
Where do you get yours? Also were your discus expensive? And the tank was that expensive too?

Jason's Profile Page
Jason7894561230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:34 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

Beautiful tank!

Mumma.of.two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 04:24 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Freak

Sooooo beautiful. Makes me want to hurry and get my planted discus tank up and going. What a great job you did.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:28 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Freak

Give me your tank.. NOW! this is amazing!! Ps.. The blue discus are cute :p
Old 03-04-2012, 04:59 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason7894561230
absolutely amazing! Plus your in Sydney yay im in Wollongong and cannot find any good plants here.
Where do you get yours? Also were your discus expensive? And the tank was that expensive too?
Thanks Jason! Yes I'm in Sydney now but grew up in Wollongong all my life since 10 years ago. What suburb are you from? I know fins fangs 'n feathers at Warrawong have been around for ages but don't know if they also sell plants. I'm not aware of any other major aquarium store in the gong. All I can suggest is start ringing around in yellow pages. I got my plants from both Auburn Aquarium which is where I also got my tank, and Birkenhead Point Pet Centre. I got the riccia from eBay. I paid $50 each for those 2 discus from Sydney Discus World and plan on buying another 2 soon. Tank was $1800 with cabinet, but I saved around $800 by buying floor stock instead if brand new. It was basically new with only a tiny chip on cabinet which you can hardly see I often go down the gong so let me know if you find a good aquarium store there worth visiting.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:59 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumma.of.two
Beautiful tank!
Thanks Mumma
Old 03-04-2012, 05:04 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltimomma
Sooooo beautiful. Makes me want to hurry and get my planted discus tank up and going. What a great job you did.
Thanks! Some of the work was trial and error but so far I think it's looking good. How many discus are you planting on getting and what sort of plants will you have? Are you set up well to keep real plants?
Old 03-04-2012, 05:07 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble1234
Give me your tank.. NOW! this is amazing!! Ps.. The blue discus are cute :p
Hahaha lol. Even if I wanted to could be a bit tricky transporting it all the way from Oz! I'm glad you like it such, I plan on putting some more pics so look out for them. The blue discus I probably my favourite and definitely the king of the tank. Not even my rainbow shark can mess with him
Old 03-04-2012, 05:30 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice Freak

Your tank is stunning! I am just starting my planted tanks and can't wait until they are gron in and I have to trim. I'm sure my fish can't wait either

Here is what I found far as your question regarding your hygro corymbosa:

Propagation can be done by doing some pruning of the lateral shoots which readily form along the stem.
Select a side shoot with several nodes and cut off a 4-inch length of the shoot with clean sharp scissors.
Bury the cut ends of the shoots in the substrate. You can use a piece of bogwood or a rock to keep the cuttings in place. You can also do the same thing by pruning and replanting the top portion of the stem. But, keep in mind the pruned, rooted portion will become bushier and bushier after performing repeated trimmings this way.

Also make sure to remove any leaves that would otherwise get burried in the substrate when you are placing the cutting in it's new home.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:43 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice Addict

I love it! I wish my discus tank looked like this

Tags
community, discus, plant, planted, tan, tropical

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com