My Red Tail Shark....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here's the pics of my awsome looking, but very mean Red Tail....

75g742.jpg

75g743.jpg

75g744.jpg

75g745.jpg

75g746.jpg

75g747.jpg

75g748.jpg

75g749.jpg

75g750.jpg

75g751.jpg

75g752.jpg

75g753.jpg

that's pretty big !
is he shy? do you have only one?
or does he swim when the lights are on?

Bubble_B0y said:
that's pretty big !
is he shy? do you have only one?
or does he swim when the lights are on?

He's definitely not shy. He's out most of the time, and does spend some time in his caver too. But he's out most of the day. He's the only one I have.

Dang! He is huge (and pretty of course). I'm not surprised he's a meanie. The one I had a long time ago was king of the tank. ;)

And the end of his tail, just to show how big it is, is about 1.5" from top to bottom. So it's a HUGE red tail. And it really shows.

I love the third-to-last picture. If you crop out the driftwood so that the fish is slightly off-center in the frame, it would belong in an aquarium calendar! Plus, your shark is such a nice shade of blue. The ones I see in my lfs are very dark - almost black.

Why do you call him mean? I thought they played well with other fish except their own kind.

QTOFFER said:
I love the third-to-last picture. If you crop out the driftwood so that the fish is slightly off-center in the frame, it would belong in an aquarium calendar! Plus, your shark is such a nice shade of blue. The ones I see in my lfs are very dark - almost black.

Why do you call him mean? I thought they played well with other fish except their own kind.

Actually, I think the last pic is calendar quality, lol. hehe...

Yes, he's mean to most of the fish in the tank. He bullys the Rainbow Cichlid, as well as the Bolivian Rams. And he also bully's the Roseline Shark as well. As for the BN Plecos, he can bully the females, but the male doesn't take any crap. So he leaves him alone most of the time, and when he does try to bully him, all h*** breaks loose, lol. As for the bichir, he just ignores it, and the bichir ignores all the fish in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom