My Snowball Pleco is out of his hideout!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

senemedar

Aquarium Advice Freak
After best part of seven months my Snowball Pleco - 'Kropek' - is finally out of his hideout! Yay :D

(Sorry for the quality - I was afraid to scare him away so the shot was taken in the 'fast mode' with my iPhone)

Attachments

• IMG_1093.jpg
    IMG_1093.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 225
After best part of seven months my Snowball Pleco - 'Kropek' - is finally out of his hideout! Yay :D

(Sorry for the quality - I was afraid to scare him away so the shot was taken in the 'fast mode' with my iPhone)

They must be the most "shy" Plecos I've ever seen. Mine, after two months, still likes to hide all of the time. I've only seen him a couple of times, hiding behind things, other than when I work on that particular tank.

Your's looks really good !

They must be the most "shy" Plecos I've ever seen. Mine, after two months, still likes to hide all of the time. I've only seen him a couple of times, hiding behind things, other than when I work on that particular tank.

Your's looks really good !

Thank you!
You need to get ready for a looooong waiting :D
"Kropek" has found a new place for himself-- he's sitting there quite a lot recently! (that's a filter out pipe, in case you wondered :D)

Attachments

• IMG_1097.jpg
    IMG_1097.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_1096.jpg
    IMG_1096.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 184
Hi nice photo thanks for sharing:) I wonder if the plec is 'enjoying' the extra flow from the outlet? Or just trying to stay cooler?

It doesn't surprise me he's sitting there. My GN Pleco will hang on the back of his big rock that sits just in front of a secondary HOB filter. He really likes it when some of the water evaporates and he gets more current on him.

Yeah....the wait. if I was cruel I'd put him in a more open tank like the one my betta is in, but I'm not going to chance that. My snowball was pretty spendy.

I heard that they like to swim against currents so that could be why? But he is awesome!:)

That is a very nice pleco. I thunk i got you beat, i have 2 btistlenose and they both like to hide.

They get slightly larger than 6 inches.

That snowball pleco looks awesome!

Yeah, mine is about that size and feels OK in my tank, as you can see :D
Although he might get a bit uncomfortable with my Ich infection :(

Back
Top Bottom