My sorority

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stevenht

Aquarium Advice FINatic
It's a work in progress. Trying to transition all the fake plants out. There were 5 in my 20 but 2 died from poor care at Walmart.

This was basically a rescue mission. These 3 sweet girls never fight and the light pink one thinks she's a Cory catfish sometimes and is kinda protective over them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1476022600618.jpg
    1476022600618.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 141
Just keep in mind that when they are healthy or return to health, females can turn on each other as well. Many times you will walk into a store with a tank full of females and they are all ripped up. That's from each other and usually not the way they arrived at the store.

I'm aware of that!

These girls have been together for a long time now. They all swim and rub on each other but I've never seen them nip since they all got together about 6 months ago

Understood. (y) Just wanted to post that so that others don't think it's an "Always works out" kind of thing. Case in point, I just tried to breed 2 very nice pairs of Bettas. ( Brothers to Sisters) Both females wound up beating the crap out of and killing their males. Today's females can be very aggressive so you have to go in with knowing that it may not work out. :(
I also did a third pair and there was only a minor rip in the female and no damage to the male. You just don't know what's going to happen with these fish. :nono: :facepalm:

Yeah they're so unpredictable so when mine worked out I wasn't surprised but I wasn't expecting them to bond so well. I guess I just got a good trio!

Another point I will add for people who get a sorority established, don't add fish to that tank. You better add any fish you want with them before hand or the females will make short work of them

Back
Top Bottom