Neecie & Neeko my Axolotls..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rubyfox

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Sorry if this is in the wrong section, please feel free to move it if it is.(y)

Here are my pride & joy, Neecie my Leucistic (she might even be a he :confused:) and Neeko my wild type are now (he might be a she :confused:) are 10 months old and I have had them 6 months and seen them grow so much in that time.

Neeko & Neecie

Attachments

• 004-10.jpg
    004-10.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 122
  • 552929_10150793382438682_1912180134_n.jpg
    552929_10150793382438682_1912180134_n.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 129
I think these are quite possibly the coolest species you can put in a tank. I just love 'em but have never owned any. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you Lynda;) I think I agree:)

They can be so happy and so moody, they sulk its so funny and are so different from each other. Neeko the wild type is full of fun, always comes to greet me and started to eat from my fingers straight away; where as Neecie is alot more shy and even though she does eat from me she would rather not.

Wow they are awesome I want them :) are they hard to keep I have had my tank for about 2months or so now and still learning the do's and donts

Moved to show off/photography.
There is an amphibian section for questions too.
I think they are very cute! I use to have one as a kid and fed him pellets and blood worms out of my hand.

Wow they are awesome I want them :) are they hard to keep I have had my tank for about 2months or so now and still learning the do's and donts

They are as easy as keeping coldwater fish, mine eat live and frozen bloodworms, earth worms and raw meats eg liver , heart. I have just sold some young ones that I bred from being eggs.:D

Moved to show off/photography.
There is an amphibian section for questions too.
I think they are very cute! I use to have one as a kid and fed him pellets and blood worms out of my hand.

I love handfeeding mine, it always makes me jump when they grab there food lol

I LOVE these guys! Such cool critters. :) What kind of tank set-up do you have for them?

At the moment there in a 3ft tank with sand (cant have pebbles as they suck in there food and the gravel too) with just two ornaments as they walk along the bottom they need floor space, but they like to hide in things and lay ontop of things.

I was thinking about getting one of these but didn't know how to keep the water cool without investing in a chiller. How do you do it? Very cool pets BTW. :)

I was thinking about getting one of these but didn't know how to keep the water cool without investing in a chiller. How do you do it? Very cool pets BTW. :)

Thank you, well here in the uk its doesnt get as hot as over there but mine are in the coolest room in the house and its fine for them.

Cool Axes. I really wanted a Leucistic when I started out in this hobby and still want one. The easy part was buying the stuff needed to house them. The hard part now is keeping them alive and healthy for as long as possible.

Cool Axes. I really wanted a Leucistic when I started out in this hobby and still want one. The easy part was buying the stuff needed to house them. The hard part now is keeping them alive and healthy for as long as possible.

I really think there easy to look after, Neeko became ill not too long ago as he had gas:eek: he had been gulping more air then he should so when I went to feed him he was at the top of the tank trapped between the filter and tank on his side. I thought he was dead:confused: but anyway a couple of weeks of him being in the fridge in a shallow tub cured him. As I am waiting for there new tank to be ready there in tubs now so I get to see them more clearly. Infact I might take a short video of them eating worms if you all would like to see it?

Back
Top Bottom