Need help identifying two fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwagsbsm

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Okay so I bought 6 fish, 3 of each from a trusted lfs store to add in my 29 gallon community and have just realiZed that the fish's names were marked wrong and I can't seem to find their names anywhere else .. Help would be appreciated ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406860058.849413.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406860166.727099.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I can try to get clearer pictures if needed lol

Okay so I bought 6 fish, 3 of each from a trusted lfs store to add in my 29 gallon community and have just realiZed that the fish's names were marked wrong and I can't seem to find their names anywhere else .. Help would be appreciated View attachment 245093View attachment 245094

#1 I have no clue but #2 appears to be a Brichardi.
They both look Tanganyika like if it helps.

Thanks I appreciate it I haven't known for about a month lol

Is that a neon tetra in there as well?
tetras may be ok with the Brichardi, not so sure about the other one though, he looks like he make a meal out of a small fish.
when you got them did they tell you how big it would get?

The first fish looks like a young tropheus duboisi. The second fish looks like a brichardi cichlid.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Yeah he said both of them will not grow too much bigger then they are now I have had them for a good month atleast bought them at the same time

Yeah he said both of them will not grow too much bigger then they are now I have had them for a good month atleast bought them at the same time

They will grow to around 4-5" eventually.
They might start eating your plants as well.
Also, be on the lookout for any aggressive behaviour towards your other fish.

I definitely will if I see any aggressive behavior or if they get to the 5 inch mark I'll put them in my 55 gallon community . As for now they fit in very well in the 29 gallon

Back
Top Bottom