New 130G..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Somethingfishy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just added some pics of my 130G, not yet complete, but a preliminary look:

Rest of the pics are in the photo gallery, there are not many.

We have a tank like that, in a very similar stand at my local aquarium place. Looks excellent, I see you've arranged the wood already. :)

Looks like its just down to me to take the 45gallon off you're hands now. :lol:

Yup but that will come in time. It is still in the cycling stage but should be ready in a week. Plants go in tonight, :D , hopefully.

Looks great. 8O

Any idea what types of fish you are going to put in it ?

Are you considering a background image ?

Keep the pics coming.

Yes I am moving my cichlids from my 45G to the tank and yes I am looking at getting a background, I was actually going to paint the back, but my stand arrived early, :oops: , so now we are looking at a sky blue back drop. :lol:

Very Nice :band: :lol: :multi: :smilecolros:

Good Luck with it.

If you get bored with it I will be glad to take it off your hands :D

Looks great, but African cichlids with plants? Good luck with that, aren't they going to dig up everything? Also, i assume you will keep the water hard, and the ph high. Most of those plants aren't going to like that much. I sincerely hope this all works, but I have to admit I have my doubts. Let us know what happens, please.

My pH is going to be around the 7.8 - 8 range. The africans will only dig if they breed and I do not really have breeding couples of them so they should not get too 'diggie'.

I also have my doubts to be honest but it is worth a try? :lol:

Yes, it sure is worth a try! You should be able to keep the java fern at the very least.

My experience w/africans is very limited, I thought they dug all the time.

This hobby is strange in some ways, because as we all know, what is "supposed" to work, doesnt always work, and vice versa.
I hope you succeed, and the worst I can see happening is losing the plants that aren't tough enough.

Good Luck and keep us posted, I'm pretty curious about this.

I do have some anubias which I heard they did not like so much, :eek: .

Yes I have a Frontosa and a Livingstoni which upto now have not done any digging. My convicts dig like crazy but then they are like rabbits and constantly breeding! :lol:

My Firemouths have dug once or twice but also only for breeding purposes. Some of the cichlids I have do like some sort of plant cover.
I will certainly keep you guys posted as this tank unfolds.

Nice looking tank! I really want an African Cichlid tank, but I think I should get the one I have going well before I set up another :jump:

Back
Top Bottom