Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
View Poll Results: How would you rate the purchase?
It's a steal! 0 0%
It's just a good deal… 0 0%
That's about right… 0 0%
Paid too much! 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-10-2019, 12:17 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

POTM Champion

Exclamation New Acquisition – A Steal!

Just picked up a tank in Corpus Christi, TX, and getting ready to add the proper equipment (it's a bare tank with sump and open cabinet)

It's 300 gallons; 96W x 30T x 24D; overall height is 5' 11" – what's in the picture was only $1200 (plus two days' use of a U-Haul van) • feels like a steal!

This is a replacement for three tanks I lost in March, when our community was flooded under about 12' of Missouri River flooding. Those were a 29g NanoCube, a 75g, and a 110g. It broke my heart when I had to turn the power off, knowing I'd lost seven years' worth of love and work; especially my 11" diameter Montipora…

Because we lost everything, we decided to recover what we could after moving from Bellevue, NE, to Brownsville, TX…the tanks were abandoned rather than trying to drain and disassemble with the floors of the modular home beginning to disintegrate.

Thank goodness for insurance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190609_300-gallon tank.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	197.0 KB
ID:	313093   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lost Montipora.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	226.5 KB
ID:	313094  

MLHoenig is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com