New Additions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hara

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here are the pictures of the Kuda babies that came today.
They arrived in decent shape, unfortunately, the scooter blennies did not.
Marinedepotlive is talking to fedx about refunding the shipping so that more can be sent...I thought that was quite decent of them.

how many seahorses can you have in your tank.

also if i can make a suggestion. a pair of mandarin gobies would make great tank mates with your horses.

too cool

That is just too cool Hara! My wife wants a seahorse tank too. We are waiting for a while as we don't feel we have the SW experience to provide them with the proper care yet. How do you think they would do in a hex tank? Kymme haunts the oceanrider site on a regular basis :).
Logan J

The tank capacity for the new tank would be 5-6 pair of adults. I will most likely not have more than 4 pair.

The mandarins would be a nice addition except I do not have enough of a pod population in there yet to support them...maybe some day, but the horses like pod grazing too, so there would have to be a whole bunch.

As far as the hex tank goes, that is pretty ideal as they are taller tanks.
You have to remember that you should "ideally" have 3 times the height as the size of the horse. Most of the Ocean rider horses are bigger horses...they do have some smaller ones.
www.saseahorse.com is a good place to go for tons of info on the captive-bred horses. This is Tracey and David, out of Australia that supply most of the captive-bred horses to the US. Marinedepot and FFexpress get their horses from them. (I think ffexpress even advertises "these are Tracey's babies!" on their captive bred info sheets. Talk about market recognition :)

As a side note, I have been reading tons of stuff on the OR people not being really helpful or co-operative when something goes wrong with horses or order.......

yes, I am seriously considering doing this. The other two tanks have plenty of pods, I think this one just has not had a chance to produce yet. But with so many things liking to snack on them..a refugium is probably the best idea. I have just not decided if I want to try to go under the tank or a hang on the back...

Back
Top Bottom