New Amano Shrimp!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishyWater2525

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi!

I just got home from purchasing my 2 newest additions to my 10 gallon.... My new Amano Shrimp!!!!:D:D:D
Will be posting pics of them during acclimation and pics of their new home!!!!

Thanks!!!
The problem is when I put them in they were very happy and swimming around and cleaning like crazy. One decided he would go up the part of the filter where the water comes out!!!!:eek: after a few minutes, the other one follows!!!:nono: I keep fishing them out, but after a few minutes, they swim right back in!!! They seem to be able to swim in and out at their own will because they have been able to swim out by themselves a couple times...
Should I keep chasing them out or let them be? Are they stressed out?? What can I do to stop this? I turned out the tank light so they couldn't see and stopped up the hole in the tank hood around the filter, and the light off thing seems to be keeping them from seeing where the filter is,thankfully! Unfortunately, that is not a long term resolution, so what should I do?? Let them be, or stop them?? Sorry for a million questions!!! Thanks!!

Thanks!!!
The problem is when I put them in they were very happy and swimming around and cleaning like crazy. One decided he would go up the part of the filter where the water comes out!!!!:eek: after a few minutes, the other one follows!!!:nono: I keep fishing them out, but after a few minutes, they swim right back in!!! They seem to be able to swim in and out at their own will because they have been able to swim out by themselves a couple times...
Should I keep chasing them out or let them be? Are they stressed out?? What can I do to stop this? I turned out the tank light so they couldn't see and stopped up the hole in the tank hood around the filter, and the light off thing seems to be keeping them from seeing where the filter is,thankfully! Unfortunately, that is not a long term resolution, so what should I do?? Let them be, or stop them?? Sorry for a million questions!!! Thanks!!

Do not worry! Mine did that a few times in the first few days. Eventually after you fishing them out, maybe like mine, they will stop. I guess mine learned that its just not for him. Do not worry!

Ok!!!! Thank you for the reassurance!!! I feel much better!!:D:lol:
Hopefully I can add a few more over the next few weeks!
What made me crack up is when I finally got the shrimp in the tank, they weren't scared at all, but my White Clouds were!!!!:lol: Every time they saw one of the shrimp they would freak out and either jump almost halfway out of the water, run into the glass, or run into each other!! Lol! They got used to it after a while though:D

Back
Top Bottom