New Aquarium Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

macman7010

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Overall1.jpg

The aquarium overall

Overall2.jpg

Second overall shot

copperbandcoral.jpg

brain.jpg

corals.jpg

corals2.jpg

hawkflame.jpg

xenia.jpg

Great looking tank Macman. Very impressive. I see you have a squamosa clam also.

This tank, I dunno 3-4 years maybe. It got moved into the bowfront aquarium about 2 years ago from a standard 75 gallon. The copperband does super with the corals, I haven't seen him bother anything at all. The only thing he is hard on are Aptasia Anemones but that's a good thing, lol. Although I am getting ready to switch back to T-5 only lighting. While I was away in NC the other week one of the Halide bulbs shattered on my and the tank only had 50% of it's normal lighting.

I did some research and supposodly after power outages, if you are not there to switch the Halide ballast off the sudden influx of electricity can cause the bulb to pop. I don't think this is really common but since I am leaving for several weeks in September I dont want to take any risks. I got the Current NOVA fixture with 8 54 watt T5 bulbs so that will be a total of 432 watts. The tank is getting 300 now with the halides.

Nice tank. What type of fish is that in the 4th pic and what is the size and dimensions of your tank?

I'm glad you added the info about the shattered MH. Sorry to hear it happened. I just had the same thing happen this past Friday while I was away. I didn't know the cause but figured water somehow splashed on it. I spoke to my wife who said we did have a short power outage and I now assume that may have been the cause. Thanks for that info. Which bulbs did you have?

Chase,

The fish in the 4th pic is a Forester's Hawkfish. I would not recommend getting one of these guys and if I had researched the species before I got him I would not have. They get larger then most hawks and supposedly like to eat small fish. I've had that one for a while with no problems but he is also still small.

As for the Halide that burst, it had a JBJ brand bulb in it, the one that came with the original fixture but the bulb was only several months old. I did some reading and research and once I read that this is not too uncommon a occurance decided without question to switch back to T5.

Back
Top Bottom