New aquascape - please comment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PilotGav

Aquarium Advice Regular
After an impromptu visit to the local fish store, I purchased a stump, brought it home and ended up with that whole new tank. It's amazing how something so simple can change the entire Aqua scape.

I want a tank which has a lot of open area, as well as some good hiding places and a bit of a cave for the fish.

Would love some comments on this design!

Oops. Here's the pic

Attachments

• image-3317555067.jpg
    image-3317555067.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 210
Nice!!!

It looks awesome! What fish kind of fish are you planning on housing.... btw I have a squidward house too!

Love the stump with all the twisted roots and that head thing, looks great

Looks very nice.

If it were my tank, I would consider moving over the stump that is centered either left or right. A lot of the more pleasing aquascapes use the rule of thirds, just like in photography. The centerpiece of an aquascape looks better, in my opinion, when it is not perfectly centered.

Of course, what really matters is if YOU like it! You are the one who has to look at every day :).

Overall though, very nice. I am usually not a fan of non-planted FW tanks, but you have done very well in making it look natural without them.

Hey Fort!

I'm also a photographer so I know what you mean. So we're both aquarists, pilots and photographers! This is cool haha

Anyway I appreciate you'd comments. When people say "planted tank" are they always referring to live plants?

Gav

Back
Top Bottom