New "baby" betta!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCrazyFishLady

Aquarium Advice Addict
Petco had a sale on their baby bettas. So, I fell in love and bought one. Also, they had their betta condos on clearance and had to grab one of those too. It's not a permanent home for this little guy, but until he grows up a little more, this will be home.

15cjyo6.jpg

I went back to my love of ugly and sick bettas. He was laying on his side and pretty colored down. He has already perked up and gotten a little more red. Pretty excited to see what he grows into.

Thanks!

I'm not sure on what type yet or even what sex. I automatically call everything a boy until I see it's a girl. He is so tiny, that I don't know yet.

I think all he needed was some more swim room, fresh water, and a little attention. He has made a 180 already. I'm pretty experienced at "rescuing" bettas, so he's in good hands.

Haven't decided on a name yet...

OK. Honestly, my first thought was "female" because ofthe short pectoral fins. But, I am not a betta expert and I have only ever owned 1 female, so I don't really know. Just my thoughts. :) Pretty though!

I think he might be a female. He acts very female, if that makes any sense and so far has the shape of one. But, you never know. I had a sunshine veil-tail that seemed so much a female until he started growing up. So, for now, he's a boy. haha

When I walked by and saw the displays of them at my local store I cried. I felt so bad for those little guys knowing they have even less of a chance than the adults.

Good luck with him/her.

That's how I felt. Everyone of the six or so of them where starved and half dead looking. I wish I could have bought all of them. I went on a betta shopping spree earlier this year and ended up with thirteen bettas. It was beyond what I could deal with. I found great homes for a few of them with my friends who wanted fish.

Anyway, she is doing great! She ate like a grubby little monster this morning and did a little betta dance. She has much more red to her now. I'm so proud <3

Back
Top Bottom