New Cam/New Zos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sumphead

Aquarium Advice FINatic
After being teased by the new found button polyps sprouting from my rock, I went to a local reefer thing today and then bought a small rock with about 40 polyps on it. I took a few pics as they opened up for the first time after acclimation. Under the actinics...

Very pretty, and they look good under that lighting! I saw your camera (I think -- it was a Fuji) when I was out looking for digital cameras. It looks like you're having lots of fun with it!

RR, I took several pictures last night playing with the settings. I know thi one came fm the first set I took which I used both Auto and 400 ISO. You said there was a way in PS to look for this info? I have PS 6, can you tell me how?

It was taken at ISO-200

FWIW you can save any picture and right click on it and select properties then hit the summary tab and select advanced.. It will tell you everything that you need to know about the picture...

HTH<
James

I was curious of the ISO, cause it seems a tad grainy, I would have expected ISO 400 or higher. You may find better results by sticking with ISO 100 and bumping up the exposure or using a tripod and living with the long shutter speeds.

Yeah, I definately still have a lot to learn. I do use a tripod and play with the settings. I have to find a balance as so far I get a washed out look with the lower ISO and longer shutterspeed. But I just need to find that happy place in the middle.

I have to find a balance as so far I get a washed out look with the lower ISO and longer shutterspeed.

1) Set white balance manually

2) if the pic is overexposed use a higher aperture setting, this will increase your depth of field, but reduce the amount of light getting to the sensor.

or

3) decrease shutterspeed a bit.

Back
Top Bottom