New fighting fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zenkatydid

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This is my new betta, Tim (long story :p). First, two pics of him in different moods. I have never had such an expressive betta! He can switch from a lovely pastel purple (the photo doesn't display his palest hue) right through to bold reddish brown with bright gill-stripes. Has anyone ever had bettas do this before? Gorgeous, and he's such a personality!

img_773290_0_957d4376e7ce0ec8a025e10aad12d17e.jpg
img_773290_1_8142ba77d47723827e5e579ed4848dd0.jpg

And next, my favourite photo of him. I have edited out the background, but not by much - it was mostly black already due to the close flash.

img_773290_2_43649b6015642ec35a231d40231d3b6b.jpg

Betta's are very colorful characters. My mom has two males that face each other(in separate tanks) and they learrned to spar when she came by because she'd feed them. It was the only time they did it...lol.

I have a couple of bettas at my office in a 2.5G tank with a divider. I have it set up on a shelf at head-height, right next to the entrance to my cubicle. It constantly cracks me up, because people will stop by to talk to me and stand in the doorway, and I'll look over at the tank, and the bettas are looking right at them, fins and gills flaring!! I call them my cube guardians. I bet if they coudl live outside the tank, they'd be kicking anyone's butt that tried to walk in my cube!

It's such a shame they can't get along, I'd love to have a large tank with just bettas in it.

as far as i know, he's a veiltail not a crowntail... i thought crowntails had shorter fins with long spikey bits?

my camera is a panasonic lumix, a few years old now. it's ok - got just enough control for me, and as long as the light level is good it takes nice pics. i am hanging for a digital slr though :D

It depends on the breeding, crowntails are defined by the fact that their tails have those spikes, (doesn't matter the length). Or so I have read, pretty much everywhere.

I can't wait to get a nicer digital camera, the one I have now is a $40 WalMart special... And is decent for pics that are not close up.

If you want more info on Betta's, go to Betta Talk

Took me a lot of researching, before I found it. Pretty much everything, and anything you want to know about Betta's is there.

I agree. That last pic is awesome. I've always had a spot in my heart for Betta's. I feel for them everytime I go to the pet shop as it seems abusive to have them in those small jars all day everyday.

i think you're right, spanishearl - he is a crown tail. he was quite small when we got him (which was part of the reason we were attracted to him!), and obviously hadn't developed his finnage yet. these days he has quite a few spikes from his fins, and i suspect they will continue to develop.

Back
Top Bottom