New Freshwater Aquascape!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. FishMan

Aquarium Advice Freak
Added some more artificial plants to my 55 to make it look more natural and rearranged everything while at it. I'm really happy with the way it came out and wanted to share with everyone here at AA and see what you guys think. Thanks for looking!

ForumRunner_20130610_193656.jpg

ForumRunner_20130610_193727.jpg

ForumRunner_20130610_193824.jpg

ForumRunner_20130610_193902.jpg

ForumRunner_20130610_193947.jpg

looks great!!! the substrate looks a little silly i would go with black sand it would make your angels colors pop and look a lot more natural

looks great!!! the substrate looks a little silly i would go with black sand it would make your angels colors pop and look a lot more natural

Hey thanks! haha I don't like the color of the gravel either. The tank was given to me in early January with some fish and I didn't want to throw away all the beneficial bacteria that lived inside the gravel and shock the system even more after the big move so I just left it. I have definitely considered buying new substrate now though, since the tank is pretty well established, but I don't want to have to completely tear down my new aquascape haha ill proably switch it out when I upgrade to a 75 :)

i have found that as long as you dont change the filter for a few weeks it will help keep the BB in the tank when changing substrate and stress zyme helps too i always add stress zyme when changing my filter or substrate

So I normally don't like the look of fake plants and decorations other than rocks and DW, but the way you did it makes it look really nice.

Goodluck with changing your substrate!! I did that on my 28 after having to see my clown puke gravel (left over blue, black, pink, and white from old tanks mixed together) in there for too many months. It was definitely a chore, but now that I've done it, I'm much happier with the overall look of it.
Chances are that you will go through a mini cycle after changing substrate, I did, but it shouldn't last more than a week, so make sure to keep a close eye on your parameters after the change if/when you do it.

So I normally don't like the look of fake plants and decorations other than rocks and DW, but the way you did it makes it look really nice.

Goodluck with changing your substrate!! I did that on my 28 after having to see my clown puke gravel (left over blue, black, pink, and white from old tanks mixed together) in there for too many months. It was definitely a chore, but now that I've done it, I'm much happier with the overall look of it.
Chances are that you will go through a mini cycle after changing substrate, I did, but it shouldn't last more than a week, so make sure to keep a close eye on your parameters after the change if/when you do it.

Thanks! That actually means a lot. And thanks for the heads up. I probably wont be switching any time too soon but ill be sure to keep a close eye on those parameters when the time comes.

I don't mean to take this thread off topic but I just wanted to let @aquandrew that bamboo is not fully aquatic and will rot in your tank. The new aquascape looks great and I do agree with more natural looking substrate.:)

thanks i got it from petco and it was fully submurged i shouldve done my research but hey what can ya do. would it do better in my planted betta tank being only half submursed?

Back
Top Bottom