New Lion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

michealprater

Aquarium Advice Addict
I bought me a lion fish. Hes in my 20 gallon fowlr that i have had fishless cycling for about 2 months. The owner at my lfs said he was a dwarf lion. He looks just like a very small volitan to me though. I will post pics when I get home and let you guys be the judge. Hes about a 1 1/2 long. hes tiny , very cool though. Already eating frozen brine!

Cool I saw a Lion at the lfs that was about the same size,
the only Saltwater fish we have are on our screensaver aqurium on the cpu lol

thinking of setting up a salty but not yet

I love lions they are sweet fish.

Chris

Thats the best part of digital cameras. If at first you dont have a good pic you keep trying till you do. With film cameras you shoot till your out of film and then hope they look good after you have both paid for the film and for the development.

Looks like it could be a dwarf zebra lionfish (Dendrochirus zebra) or it could be a Volitan (Pterois volitans). Tough to tell at that size. Dosen't make all that much difference the "Dwarf" Zebra will still get upto 12" in length, While the Volitan gets to about 14". He's real cool!!

I came home tonite to see my lion swimming in the current. It made me feel good, he looked really happy. So I thought what the hay, Ill try to feed him a shrimp pellet. The first on sank to the bottom and he then perked up and was on the prowl. The second one went right past him, and BAM!!! he nailed it. I thought, awesome! Wrong, he sank to the bottom and looked like he was chewing it up. Then he spit it out and looked at me like, "you butt, that wasnt a shrimp". OH well,he likes frozen brine, mysis and krill. Is there any cheaper live food I could give him. Ive heard stay away from gold fish. I thought about getting him some ghost shrimp. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom