Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-14-2011, 11:01 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

New nano planted tank

I decided I wanted to get a 2nd tank and wanted to keep it simple so I decided to try my hand at a planted nano tank. I have had my eye on dwarf puffers ever since I saw one so I figured I would start up a 5 gallon planted tank and get one. I added java moss, java fern and riccia along with a large rock I broke in half. I used fishing line to attach the java moss and riccia to the rock, and I'm really happy with how it turned out. I'm waiting for my heater and nano filter to get here then I'll start my cycle. Let me know what you think and if I should add any different plants. Thanks for looking!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nano1.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	195.1 KB
ID:	40362   Click image for larger version

Name:	nano2.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	40363  

Old 06-14-2011, 11:50 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Wow! I'm jealous! I also have my eyes on the cutesy dwarf puffer I have ever seen.

Old 06-14-2011, 11:54 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Went to the LFS today and they had 1 left, it was a full grown one. They are so tiny they also had green spotted puffers, those are pretty cool too
Old 06-14-2011, 11:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by treym563
Went to the LFS today and they had 1 left, it was a full grown one. They are so tiny they also had green spotted puffers, those are pretty cool too
The only thing with the GSP is that they're brackish... And a nano 5 gallon would be nearly impossible to make brackish lol.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:58 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
I had never seen one before today and when the guy told me that they're full FW, I almost peed my pants with excitement! I hope my future tank looks as lovely as yours, I've never had much of a green thumb.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:43 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

I just put the plants in tonight so we'll see how it goes...I'm hoping I get lucky.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:02 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
I decided I wanted to get a 2nd tank and wanted to keep it simple so I decided to try my hand at a planted nano tank. I have had my eye on dwarf puffers ever since I saw one so I figured I would start up a 5 gallon planted tank and get one. I added java moss, java fern and riccia along with a large rock I broke in half. I used fishing line to attach the java moss and riccia to the rock, and I'm really happy with how it turned out. I'm waiting for my heater and nano filter to get here then I'll start my cycle. Let me know what you think and if I should add any different plants. Thanks for looking!
I like that rock. That's how I get most of my rocks.........from outside.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:43 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

Amazing looking tank it will look soo cool with the mini puffers in it. I was thinking of doing the same as my mrs loves the little puffers and I was wondering if you can keep cherry shrimps. Don't mean to high jack your thread
Old 06-17-2011, 09:03 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

holy... that tank looks amazing.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:38 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Regular

Thanks! Still cycling can't wait to get my puffer, gonna add a couple otto catfish as well. I've heard mixed things about adding shrimp with dwarf puffers. I'm prolly going to try it but I'm not expecting much

Tags
nano, plant, planted, planted tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com