New nano planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

treym563

Aquarium Advice Regular
I decided I wanted to get a 2nd tank and wanted to keep it simple so I decided to try my hand at a planted nano tank. I have had my eye on dwarf puffers ever since I saw one so I figured I would start up a 5 gallon planted tank and get one. I added java moss, java fern and riccia along with a large rock I broke in half. I used fishing line to attach the java moss and riccia to the rock, and I'm really happy with how it turned out. I'm waiting for my heater and nano filter to get here then I'll start my cycle. Let me know what you think and if I should add any different plants. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• nano1.jpg
    nano1.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 359
  • nano2.jpg
    nano2.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 333
Went to the LFS today and they had 1 left, it was a full grown one. They are so tiny :D they also had green spotted puffers, those are pretty cool too

treym563 said:
Went to the LFS today and they had 1 left, it was a full grown one. They are so tiny :D they also had green spotted puffers, those are pretty cool too

The only thing with the GSP is that they're brackish... And a nano 5 gallon would be nearly impossible to make brackish lol.

treym563 said:

I had never seen one before today and when the guy told me that they're full FW, I almost peed my pants with excitement! I hope my future tank looks as lovely as yours, I've never had much of a green thumb.

I just put the plants in tonight so we'll see how it goes...I'm hoping I get lucky.

treym563 said:
I decided I wanted to get a 2nd tank and wanted to keep it simple so I decided to try my hand at a planted nano tank. I have had my eye on dwarf puffers ever since I saw one so I figured I would start up a 5 gallon planted tank and get one. I added java moss, java fern and riccia along with a large rock I broke in half. I used fishing line to attach the java moss and riccia to the rock, and I'm really happy with how it turned out. I'm waiting for my heater and nano filter to get here then I'll start my cycle. Let me know what you think and if I should add any different plants. Thanks for looking!

I like that rock. That's how I get most of my rocks.........from outside.

Amazing looking tank it will look soo cool with the mini puffers in it. I was thinking of doing the same as my mrs loves the little puffers and I was wondering if you can keep cherry shrimps. Don't mean to high jack your thread

Thanks! Still cycling can't wait to get my puffer, gonna add a couple otto catfish as well. I've heard mixed things about adding shrimp with dwarf puffers. I'm prolly going to try it but I'm not expecting much

treym563 said:
Thanks! Still cycling can't wait to get my puffer, gonna add a couple otto catfish as well. I've heard mixed things about adding shrimp with dwarf puffers. I'm prolly going to try it but I'm not expecting much

Feed them well so they don't end up as snacks.

It's only a 5 gallon so I am just getting 1 puffer. I'm gonna try to keep puff nice and fat so I can have shrimp too

Thanks! Just got my Art Deco nano filter in the mail, starting to seed that. I think I'm going to follow the advice I found on another thread and super glue the java moss to the rock. It's currently secured with fish line and it's starting to come loose.

Update

Updated pictures. Added a dwarf puffer and a few otto cats
img_1418997_0_5f6156735c91b0c690770f413e36e4f8.jpg
img_1418997_1_341ef6715f967bd63a963c3078a9e6f2.jpg
http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g363/treym563/nanopic.jpg
img_1418997_2_7fdd69d551f159ab5726483d11efe744.jpg

Back
Top Bottom